Jazz secondary logo confusion

Delux247

I noticed this today on the Jazz's official website

jazzlogos.jpg

The logo from NBA.com more closely resembles the original logo in design, i.e. it has the slash coming off to the right of the tail & the middle 2 pieces of the ball are connected rather than separate. However, the coloring is all over the place. The one from CCSL matches as far as which pieces are colored similarly & I also think it looks better. Any clarification on which logo is their official secondary?

ujsignature.png

Seems that someone needed a light blue version of the logo for the special playoff page and re-colored as such.

But if you go to their regular page, you see this graphic with the full word mark. The main color is light blue, but they've simply swapped it with the navy. Because it's the full wordmark, that extra slash is there.

09_Jazz_Playoff_Picture_HPimage.gif

That is weird. But that just reminds me how much I miss the J-note logo. They gotta get rid of the mountains...

They should start from scratch. Get rid of the recolored remnants of the '96 redesign, get rid of the J-note from the '70s, and start alllll over.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That is weird. But that just reminds me how much I miss the J-note logo. They gotta get rid of the mountains...

They should start from scratch. Get rid of the recolored remnants of the '96 redesign, get rid of the J-note from the '70s, and start alllll over.

I agree. I wouldn't mind a return to the old logo though.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

While I totally agree, I must say that the current recolorization is worlds better than the '96 stuff. Fading white to purple on a jersey? Copper, teal, black, purple, blue? Gradients?

ujsignature.png

The slash coming off the NBA.com one looks really off, so I'm going to say it's just something they slapped together for the site.

Delux247 recolored that to just show us -- its a lot neater on the site?

I think maybe the Jazz are using both because the one delux posted is on the site a few times

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

While as a whole the '96 redesign got really old really quick, I did like the copper stripes (helping to represent southern Utah, if you ask me) on the alternates (the black alts themselves were a letdown) and the mountains on the shorts. I wouldn't want that look to make a full comeback, but Utah's current look could use a little perking up, though it's more "blah" than "blech" to me.

Maybe if they can integrate a mountain outline (no gradients or coloring) onto the shorts between the stripes, then that might work. I know my brother would hate it, but maybe go back to a purple/light blue look. Or make the purple an indigo, a blue-violet of sorts, something that, when paired with light blue, comes off as a dark blue and more of a purple when seen by itself.

Another idea I've had is to go with a redesign along the lines of what Adrian Dantley wore, becoming a primarily green/gold team (since the only team in the league to wear green/gold is currently gone) maybe with some trim of purple/blue/indigo or copper/burnt orange. They could use the old note logo or do something new. While I'm a bit dissapointed that they merely recolored the logo from 1996-2004 when they went to their current set, the current, recolored logo looks much better than the original. What do you guys think?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived