Greatest Game You Have Been At?

jkrdevil

:mad: Haven't really been to any great games, but I'll list the memorable from each game I have been to

New York Yankees-Kansas City Royals (Yankee Stadium)

-Mariano made his return from the DL

-Jorge Posada Bobble Head Day

- 3 Home Runs hit Soriano, Ventura, and Mondesi

-Yankees won

Pittsburgh Pirates-Philladelphia Phillies (PNC Park)

-Abraham Nunez had a great game (He gave me his batting gloves when he was in single A)

-I went with a group of my friends and my baseball coach

-I got to met Kris Benson before the game

-Pirates won

Toronto Blue Jays- New York Yankees (Sky Dome done this 2x)

- The Yankees won the first time (I was a Bandwagon cause I was 5(94-95ish) and jumped from team to team, so I was a Jays fan at the time)

-The Jays won the second time (Dad told me about the Yankees and I became a Yankees Fan Fan) 2002

- Don't remember anything big happening except I was disappointed after both games

Pittsburgh Pirates-San Francisco Giants (3 Rivers Stadium)

- Barry Bonds didn't play, until he came into pinch hit in the 8th Inning

- A kid dropped his glove on the field

- I almost got a ball from the Giants 3rd baseman at the time, the ball was caught by the kid next to me(Of course at the time I was like 7 and didn't think to try and grab it :cursing: )

Cleveland Indians-New York Yankees (Jacobs Field)

- Bernie Williams return from the DL

- Coco Crisp made an incredible diving catch

- Derek Jeter had a bunt single in the first inning

Cleveland Cavaliers-Detriot Pistons (Gund Arena) this past weekend

-Lebron James had 15 points

-It was Carlos Boozer poster day (Yay! Go Duke)

-The Pistons killed my Cavs, and I was sitting next to obnoxious Piston Fans(Fun :mad: )

Thats about it

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

Best Game I was ever at was a Minor League game and it happened in FEB.....

IceGators Pluk Gulls in Overtime 2-1

Derek Gustafson and Ed McGrane helped the Louisiana IceGators to a decisive win over the Pacific Division leading San Diego Gulls. Gustafson made 41 saves on 42 shots and McGrane scored the overtime winner to help the Gators to a nail-biting 2-1 win. The IceGators now have a six point lead over their closest division rival and have a 35-13-2 record with 72 points in the standing. The Gators are now in a two-way tie with Wheeling Nailers for the second spot in the ECHL.

Gator Derek Gustafson made his seventh straight start in goal for the IceGators. The first period was scoreless for the Gators and the Gulls, but it was not without some excitement. Both netminders came up with some big saves to preserve their shut-outs.

The IceGators opened the second period with Semir Ben-Amor?s eighth tally of the year. Ben Storey stole the puck at his own blue line and skated down the far boards. He shot the puck across the neutral zone to Jamie Johnson who raced down the near boards and blasted the puck at Trevor Koenig. Koenig spat the rebound out to the stick of Ben-Amor. Ben-Amor?s top-shelf wrister beat Koenig stick-side.

Gustafson?s shut-out bid was spoiled at 17:02 when Sylvain Deschatelets beat Gusrafson from the side of the crease. Gustafson was sprawled in his crease and Deschatelets popped the puck up over him and across the line. Down at the other end of the ice, Koenig stymied the Gators at every turn.

Both teams fought hard in the third period and both were backstopped by excellent goaltending. Koenig and Gustafson continued to make big saves to keep their opponents off the board.

The game extended into the extra frame for five minutes of four-on-four hockey. The teams continued to battle at both ends of the ice. With just over a minute to play, Ed McGrane stole the puck behind the Gulls goal, skated to the near post and put an improbable back-hand shot top-shelf past Koenig for the game-winner.

October, 2003 - Missouri Tigers 41, Nebraska Cornhuskers 24. Not only did this end a 23 year winless streak against Big Red, but it also completed my personal cycle of seeing the Tigers defeat every Big 8 team in the 22 years I have had season tickets. Up until that day I had attended a Mizzou FB game where the Tigers had beaten every conference foe at least once. Later that season I completed the Big XII cycle when the Tigers pounded Texas A&M.

i can't count any games i actually played in, so i'll list my only pro game, at the Bradley Center-Bucks vs Pistons...i've forgotten most of what happened, but i do remember the Bucks won that game.

i'll also count a game i have a somewhat vivid memory of, a HS baseball game. that reminds me, i owe the Case baseball team $2 :D cus that happened to be a wood bat tournament going on and they were charging admission but they didn't do anything about it. basically, the memorable part was that Case's pitcher hurled a no-hitter. there were a few errors sprinkled in, but it was a no-hitter. bad news was i didn't know it til i overheard someone mention it. :cursing:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I have some good ones living in Colorado and all.

3.) Denver Nuggets vs. Chicago Bulls in 1996

-The Nuggets, on of the lesser teams in the league beat the best singe season team of all time, by 22 points no less.

2.) Colorado Avalanche vs. New Jersey Devils, Game 7 Stanley Cup Finals 2001

-The Avalanche dominated pretty much the entire game, and to see Borque finally get his Cup was awesome, along with the mighty Avalanche winning their second.

1.) Denver Broncos vs. Green Bay Packers, Super Bowl XXXII in San Diego, CA

-In my opinion one of the top 5 Super Bowls of ALL TIME. It was just so unbelievable to finally see the Broncos win a championship and John Elway of course. However it was extreemly expensive, $1200 for 2 tickets, pretty good seats, not front row, but lower level and nothing in the way, so that was good, and it cost us $300 for round trip bus tickets.

9/22/01: Oklahoma State @ Texas A&M...

KyleField_USA_wallpaper_640x480.jpg

Enough said.

Also, wasn't at this game, but...

Nov. 1999: Texas@Texas A&M...

This was right after the bonfire accident that killed twelve Aggies (be prepared for big pic)...

kyle-field.jpg

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived