Van Halen Tour

Notch Novelty

It's for real Hagar is the singer most likely

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1485917/0...van_halen.jhtml

For months, rumors have circulated that Van Halen would hit the road this summer. The band has now confirmed fans' speculations, but one large mystery remains.

While they have yet to reveal most of the dates for the tour, it looks like the shows will start in June and run at least through the end of the summer, a source close to the band said. On the official Clear Channel Web site, concerts are listed for June 13 in Hershey, Pennsylvania, and June 16 in Philadelphia, and while it mentions no specific dates, the Van Halen site has posted 11 cities in which the band will play, including Detroit; East Rutherford, New Jersey; Worcester, Massachusetts; St. Louis; and Las Vegas.

Of course, the tour confirmation raises an even bigger question: Who will fill the vacant singer slot? The Van Halen site features photos and bios for guitarist Eddie Van Halen, drummer Alex Van Halen and bassist Michael Anthony, but there's no listing for a vocalist.

Betting folk should put their money on Sammy Hagar, who replaced original singer David Lee Roth and fronted the group from 1985 to 1996. The source flat-out denied the possibility that either Roth or Gary Cherone, who sang on the 1998 album Van Halen III, would perform with the group. The source would neither confirm nor deny Hagar's participation or that Hagar has recently worked with Van Halen in the studio on new tracks for an upcoming greatest-hits collection.

Since 2002, Anthony has regularly guested onstage at Hagar's shows, and late last year, the singer reportedly mended fences with the other members of the band. In a December 26 interview with USA Today, Hagar spoke about a recent dinner he had with Alex. "We had a lot of fun together," he said. "So, years after carrying anger around on both sides, it was really nice to be able to feel like we were one again."

On April 30, Hagar will open the first U.S.-based Cabo Wabo Cantina club and restaurant in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, and will commemorate the event with three concerts featuring his band the Waboritas and "friends." Hagar's last show before the Van Halen dates is May 8 in Atlantic City, New Jersey. He's scheduled to play in Cabo San Lucas at the annual Cabo Wabo meltdown on October 8 and 9 and at his birthday bash on October 13.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now coming to a classic rock festival near you...

I agree with CC. The VH needs DLR, now more than ever. Hagar's a hack who can only write songs with the word "love" in the title.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

DLR is an a**hole he starts fights with everyoen and the Van Halen brothers just cant stand to eb around him. He did a tour with Sammy Hagar 2 years ago and taht turned ugly becuase of Roth's additude.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

At first I thought the second split was DLR's fault. But after hearing Sammy tell of problems as well, it seemed that Eddie was the reason, with his alcohol and pain killer addiction. DLR was in his own world all the time, but he has never changed, so VH should not have expected different when they brought him back in the second time. Granted, DLR does have a bag full of issues, and he and Hagar made a very odd couple for their tour, but I believe I read an interview where Michael Anthony said Eddie was very controlling. So when the band "broke up" after Gary, MA toured with Sammy for a while.

I didn't mind Gary Cherone as the singer, he was basically "Sammy Lite". You couldn't tell much difference between the two. And Sammy did write too many sappy love songs with Van Halen, but the single released of the last cd he was with them was pretty cool.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

So as long as we're on the topic of VH anyway...

Anyone else hear the rumors of Eddie's current reclusiveness were a result of various illnesses and operations? No, not MIchael Jackson type of stuff...but the scuttlebutt that I heard was that bone cancer resulted in MAJOR reconstruction of his jaw, and that he was short a hip.

I guess we'll know for sure come June...

Again, this is purely 3rd-hand scuttlebutt...but I got it from some fairly reliable sources...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

This is very simple-

David Lee Roth, lead singer = Van Halen

Haggar, lead singer = Van Lamo

Cherone, lead singer = Who?

The album 1984 is rock perfection. Bring back my DLR!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

So as long as we're on the topic of VH anyway...

Anyone else hear the rumors of Eddie's current reclusiveness were a result of various illnesses and operations? No, not MIchael Jackson type of stuff...but the scuttlebutt that I heard was that bone cancer resulted in MAJOR reconstruction of his jaw, and that he was short a hip.

I guess we'll know for sure come June...

Again, this is purely 3rd-hand scuttlebutt...but I got it from some fairly reliable sources...

I remember he was at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center here in Houston a few years ago, but at the time he was saying he did not have cancer. Go figure.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

bring back david lee roth!!

at least sammy's better than that other guy they had last time.

Personally I like Sammy a lot better! DLR was just an ass.

I didn't mind Gary Cherone as the singer, he was basically "Sammy Lite". You couldn't tell much difference between the two. And Sammy did write too many sappy love songs with Van Halen, but the single released of the last cd he was with them was pretty cool.

Sammy also broke out more hit songs for Van Halen then DLR ever did. Sammy is more versatile!

VH + Sammy = The Greatest Rock Band In The World

VH + DLR = Another wreck waiting to happen

VH + Cherone = A weak attempt

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

listening to van halen with hagar the horrible at the helm is like getting buttfluffed with plopty vocals while having barbed wire shoved up my urethra!

listening to van halen with DLR at the helm was like drinking beers with your best buddies while getting blown by some hot babe!

sorry, youngsters!

Did the Group Formerly Rocking as Van Halen, with Sammy as lead make some decent stuff? Sure. Did they make hits? Sure. Did they ROCK? Hells to the nawww.

DLR = Rock.

DavidLeeRoth DEFINED rock. DLR was and is the greatest lead singer of the greatest ROCK band ever.

Sammy didn't rock. Sammy sang sweet ballads to the 15 year old girls, and 50 year old women.

DLR screamed to us is lawn chairs with Miller High Lifes and PBRs. DLR rocks my car as I fly down a twisty road at night, driving me forward with his pure rock mantras.

I will be judgmental, rude, crude, and socially unacceptable right now: If you liked Sammy better than DLR, you don't like rock. You are a panty-waist. You are a menopausal woman.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well we both know that DRL and Sammy put out great hits. They're two totally different singer and together they created two totally different sides of Van Halen. I'm a huge fan of both of these sides, pick or choose which ones you like but they both did amazing jobs for one of the all-time greatest bands. Van Halen wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for what DLR and Sammy did for them. DLR carried them for ground zero and Sammy recused a possible plummit.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

listening to van halen with hagar the horrible at the helm is like getting buttfluffed with plopty vocals while having barbed wire shoved up my urethra!

listening to van halen with DLR at the helm was like drinking beers with your best buddies while getting blown by some hot babe!

sorry, youngsters!

I will be using this exact analogy next time someone asks me whichis better, Coke or Pepsi.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

sorry, youngsters!

I will be using this exact analogy next time someone asks me whichis better, Coke or Pepsi.

not surprised at all that you enjoyed the analogy.....by the way, i love your blog site...good stuff....the 'tara's tampons' post killed me.

Archived