MLB Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

So I have been a member of this network for a little over a week now, and finally got around to doing a uniform concept. I used MS Paint, even though I have inkscape on my computer (I work slow on it). So I went in and scavenged for templates for about an hour and a half, and then finally got started.

My first go at this is with my hometown Braves, and I plan on doing an entire MLB red-do. As a Braves fan, I would reject any Braves concept immediately. I love the current uniforms (minus the batman roadies) and hope they never change. But, for the sake of a concept, I untied myself from my biased enough to throw something together.

Atlanta Braves Concept

- Overall, I went for a mix of old and new. I brought back the feather as the unique element in place of the tomahawk. I left pants piping off because I thought it would clash with the sleeve design.

- Another big concern was to bring back cap consistency. I rejected the all-blue cap they have now. The cap logo on the blue is just the updated version of the "A" logo (one on their current BP cap).

- The home alternate is a "throwback-style" set. I know...the sleeve design might be a little much, but I thought it kind of compliments the way the two toned cap looks. The road alternate is simply a more suitable blue uniform than what they wear now.

- Overall, the color scheme is a tad different. The blue is more of a true blue, so it doesnt show up nearly black on the road (like the batman uniforms and caps do).

Product1.png

Product2.png

Product3.png

Hope yall enjoy. I found this process rather addicting so expect more.

Not bad, especially for your first concept.

If you are going to go with no tomahawk on the front, my suggestion would be to use a number to take up the void. I think it would make the overall concept look better. I like the feather on the sleeves but I think you need some sleeve piping to go along with it. I'm like you as I would never want to replace the set they currently wear. But you have a good thing going there. Nice job.

wel... I got one comment today... <_<

thanks for the feedback though. I am probably going to go back and make changes, but I need more feedback first.

I've got the Phillies done...but am going to hold off until I get some feedback on the Bravos.

I'd agree that the front of the jerseys are a bit plain with no logo or number on them. Nice idea with the old school Aaron hitting HR 715 type logo on the sleeve though. Well done.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Philadelphia Phillies

- for the Phillies I wanted to bring back the burgundy color scheme. There are an excess of red/blue teams in the MLB, and the biggest think I'm looking forward to in this concept series is ridding of that! I fooled around with alot of different shades of blue, but thought the powderish blue made for a good combo.

- The home jersey uses the off white color that they use for their current alternate uniforms. I wanted the cream and the burgundy to show most on the uniforms...with that baby blue simply as a touch. I also put the primary logo on the sleeve.

- The alternate jersey is...well...not for the faint of heart I guess. I tried so many looks...and they all looked a little "out there"...but I went with this one.

- I dont have team specific fonts at the moment, and the ones I requested for... I dont know how to utilize because of the strange "fonttype" format...or somethig like that... anyways, I went with a different number style...thought I WANTED to use the same numerals they use now.

anyways, here you go.

Product1-1.png

Product2-1.png

Not using the same numbers was gonna be my whole issue with this one. Everything else looks pretty good. Why are you not able to upload the fonts? I'm sure someone around here can help you.

Not using the same numbers was gonna be my whole issue with this one. Everything else looks pretty good. Why are you not able to upload the fonts? I'm sure someone around here can help you.

I asked Patsox for his but he sent me a geosites link to some stuff that is saved in some strange format. So yeah, for the Phillies I just used the closest thing to what they have, haha.

As I look at it a second time, I think the number should go back on the right sleeve too. I'm pretty sure they are the only MLB team that does that, and although I'm not a Phillie fan, I do think that's pretty cool.

Whew!!

Miami Marlins Concept

-I wanted to move away from the black dominating look of the "Florida Marlins"...so as the "Miami" Marlins, I went for a very Miami esque color scheme, ala Dolphins.

-The teal is darker than originally, because it was literally burning my eyes as I started to color in, so I darkened it! haha

-I figured instead of having a colored alternate, it would make sense for a Florida team to just have a nice, light, sleeveless shirt as an alternate.

- Overall, this concept took me an extremely long time, considering all it takes to recolor and format stuff to look good on ms paint... I was even using PowerPoint to resize everything as PNG's...so I am definitely proud of how sharp this turned out...but for the "design" part I have no idea what to expect from yall

hope yall approve! this took me from 10:30 until now (2am)

Product1-2.png

Product2-2.png

** I just noticed I kinda missed to put a BP cap... I'll go back and edit after I get through this series a bit, but for those who are actually wondering it would be solid teal cap with the orange brim line

Whew!!

Miami Marlins Concept

-I wanted to move away from the black dominating look of the "Florida Marlins"...so as the "Miami" Marlins, I went for a very Miami esque color scheme, ala Dolphins.

-The teal is darker than originally, because it was literally burning my eyes as I started to color in, so I darkened it! haha

-I figured instead of having a colored alternate, it would make sense for a Florida team to just have a nice, light, sleeveless shirt as an alternate.

- Overall, this concept took me an extremely long time, considering all it takes to recolor and format stuff to look good on ms paint... I was even using PowerPoint to resize everything as PNG's...so I am definitely proud of how sharp this turned out...but for the "design" part I have no idea what to expect from yall

Product1-2.png

Product2-2.png

** I just noticed I kinda missed to put a BP cap... I'll go back and edit after I get through this series a bit, but for those who are actually wondering it would be solid teal cap with the orange brim line

I've made a similar concept to another Miami Marlins concept to this but...

I have a problem with the Marlins caps looking so much like a Dolphins cap. Sure the Marlin makes it different, and I guess all the teams in Pittsburgh use similar color schemes, but I just wonder about the teal cap with an M on it in Miami as a way of really stamping a new identity on the Marlins. The rest of it is good, I might add some navy to the uniform, with maybe some piping or something, and then have a navy and teal cap??

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Whew!!

Miami Marlins Concept

Product1-2.png

Product2-2.png

I've made a similar concept to another Miami Marlins concept to this but...

I have a problem with the Marlins caps looking so much like a Dolphins cap. Sure the Marlin makes it different, and I guess all the teams in Pittsburgh use similar color schemes, but I just wonder about the teal cap with an M on it in Miami as a way of really stamping a new identity on the Marlins. The rest of it is good, I might add some navy to the uniform, with maybe some piping or something, and then have a navy and teal cap??

Well, I can claim that considering the current cap logo is the same thing except with an F for Florida, than switching to a M for Miami isnt that much of a stretch.

But yeah, the biggest issue I guess would be getting people to grasp the color scheme.

Washington Nationals

- I knew going into this concept the first thing I was going to do was replace the gold with silver.

- I actually liked the modern style numerals and font they use...and think the away uniform they wear right now looks out of place. So, I made sure all of the uniform elements had that same modernized look

- the stretch with this one is the piping. Some of you may find it more suitable for a football uniform, but I wanted to echo the border of the sleeve logo, so the piping is supposed to compliment that.

**I know its not too much, but on paint this alone took a very long time (once again the recoloring process really kills)

Product1-3.png

Product2-3.png

For the Nationals, I actually like the classic W and Washington script more than the modern script/font. That said, you did a really good job on this one. Everything looks good. The only thing I would do is add a bit more red in the road and alternate. Like I said, personally, I would have gone the opposite direction. But you did a good job executing your ideas.

The only thing I would do is add a bit more red in the road and alternate.

I agree with this point if only because I don't like teams who have very different road identities and home identities. (Yes I am looking at you as well Jacksonville Jaguars!) But generally a well rendered concept. If it were me one of the uniforms would have featured 'Washington' somewhere, or a 'W' logo, they are after all the Washington, not DC Nationals. But I am liking your efforts so far. One of the better of the [many] MLB redesign threads around at the moment! Don't rush yourself though! Take as much time as you need to do really good work, rather than posting something half done, because you haven't posted something for a while.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

It seems you're rushing through these. Don't get me wrong they are really clean, but I can't feel much thought put into these. It seems that you frequently say how long it takes you to do a concept. You said your marlins concept took you 3 1/2 hours. I bet if you asked anyone here they would tell you it takes a couple days to do a concept, not to mention the time it takes to think and plan out what you are going to create. I'm not trying to be mean but just passing along something I have learned in my short time here. I like some things I see here, and it's a good start. and your using bp caps for game caps, fix that. RTB.

RedSox2.pngCeltics.pngVikings.pngBruins.png

BOSTON.png

avatar by crkraider22, signature by crkraider22 and chestnutz

Mixed comments for my first batch of stuff, and alot of overall performance recomendations, so I am going back and redoing my first four a tad before moving on.

Braves (2.0)

- I went back and added numbers under the scripts like yall said I should do, and felt like adding to the alternate a little bit. Not much of a change, but I did think my first version looked a tad plain.

uniform1.png

uniform2.png

uniform3.png

uniform4.png

Please stop using BP caps filled in with the paint bucket.

Why's it that big of a deal?

That's actually a template set I put together.

(with Roger Clemente's jersey template)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived