Back In The Game?

Linus

If God is listening, he should send you into the tribulation and see how you guys can play hockey on frozen blood. It would serve you right for your attitude.
God, why do you reward the wicked?

Aw, yeah...the next big flameout could be this guy. And the whole biblical angle could be a delicious new twist that we haven't seen in previous meltdowns.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im well aware that you had the Roadrunners..but where are they going to be next season? Not Phoenix.

How aware are you of the existence of a Roadrunners hockey team for most of the years prior to the existence of the Coyotes?

EDIT-For what it's worth, it's been 14 years since the Nordiques left "traditional" Quebec, a town that was only in the NHL for 16 years.

Can we agree that if the league has gone a generation without being in a market that it was only in for a generation, said market loses "traditional" privileges?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Im well aware that you had the Roadrunners..but where are they going to be next season? Not Phoenix.

So, you're still saying Phoenix isn't a hockey town.

If God is listening, he should send you into the tribulation and see how you guys can play hockey on frozen blood. It would serve you right for your attitude.

BTW, should Dallas & LA have a NHL franchise?

LA should have 1 hockey team not 2.

Dallas should have a hockey team because that team makes money. The Coyotes do not. That's life.

Hypocrite. When the Canadian teams lose money, should they have stayed?

First of all, stop invoking God, it's a sports franchise, not a frickin' famine.

Second of all, when the Canadian teams lost money, they did move. How do you think Phoenix got a team in the first place? That's the sports business my friend. I think that the Panthers and the Thrashers will have to seriously turn arounf their franchises if they want to avoid the same faith as the Coyotes.

BTW, this isn't a Canada vs. USA thing. It's a hockey market vs. non-hockey market thing. If Balsillie wants to move the team to Cleveland or Milwaukee or Seattle, I'm all for it too. Phoenix is, I believe, 50 million dollars in the hole, time to move on.

Oh, I can bring in God whenever you want. What are you going to do, pray to Baal to stop me?

There was a minor league hockey league team in Phoenix before the Coyotes call the Roadrunners. Saying that Phoenix is a non-hockey market is pull baloney.

Aw, yeah...the next big flameout could be this guy. And the whole biblical angle could be a delicious new twist that we haven't seen in previous meltdowns.

Are you mocking me?

Are you mocking me?

Yes.

Are you mocking me?

Yes.

What a tool. I'm mocking you! You don't dare mess with a Christian.

Dallas should have a hockey team because that team makes money. The Coyotes do not. That's life.

First of all, stop invoking God, it's a sports franchise, not a frickin' famine.

Second of all, when the Canadian teams lost money, they did move. How do you think Phoenix got a team in the first place? That's the sports business my friend. I think that the Panthers and the Thrashers will have to seriously turn arounf their franchises if they want to avoid the same faith as the Coyotes.

BTW, this isn't a Canada vs. USA thing. It's a hockey market vs. non-hockey market thing. If Balsillie wants to move the team to Cleveland or Milwaukee or Seattle, I'm all for it too. Phoenix is, I believe, 50 million dollars in the hole, time to move on.

Oh, I can bring in God whenever you want. What are you going to do, pray to Baal to stop me?

There was a minor league hockey league team in Phoenix before the Coyotes call the Roadrunners. Saying that Phoenix is a non-hockey market is pull baloney.

[sarcasm] Wow, you guys had an IHL team... Bravo... (slow clap) [/sarcasm]

Seriously, how is having the Phoenix Roadrunners somehow an excuse for the Coyotes hemorraging money? Congratulations Phoenix, looks like the Roadrunners are coming back.

thecatch.jpg

Seriously, how is having the Phoenix Roadrunners somehow an excuse for the Coyotes hemorraging money? Congratulations Phoenix, looks like the Roadrunners are coming back.

And where exactly is Dallas?

The deal says the team must move in order to get the money. Sorry, Baslisle but the coyotes won't bite.

And a WHA team, and a (old) WHL team, and a CHL team. Hockey didn't exactly show up in the desert a mere two generations ago either.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Are you mocking me?

Yes.

I do when they bring it irrationally into sports discussions, inviting "tribulation" and generally acting unbalanced.

The Roadrunners were around since 2004 and they came to an end in 2009. Wow, 5 years eh? Thats a helluva hockey market.

This was never about Canada vs. USA, if you can read I mentioned putting a team in Seattle, a city with a successful CHL team.

Keep talking about Phoenix being a hockey market...by the time you can prove this maybe they'll have the next Wayne Gretzky so they can fill the seats.

beLEAF

And a WHA team, and a (old) WHL team, and a CHL team. Hockey didn't exactly show up in the desert a mere two generations ago either.

Alot of other cities also have a long history of supporting minor hockey. Does that mean we should put NHL teams in Oklahoma City and Regina? Listen, I agree that Phoenix is a great place for an AHL team but the finances show that this whole NHL expirement is simply not working.

thecatch.jpg

Are you mocking me?

Yes.

Let me go get my lion....

I saw, I came, I left.

The Roadrunners were around since 2004 and they came to an end in 2009. Wow, 5 years eh? Thats a helluva hockey market.

This was never about Canada vs. USA, if you can read I mentioned putting a team in Seattle, a city with a successful CHL team.

Keep talking about Phoenix being a hockey market...by the time you can prove this maybe they'll have the next Wayne Gretzky so they can fill the seats.

Fool, remember the original IHL? The Roadrunners were in it. and in the WHA. And the WHL.

So much for your credentials.

Are you mocking me?

Yes.

I do when they bring it irrationally into sports discussions, inviting "tribulation" and generally acting unbalanced.

Well, I hope you can explain your mocking me to Jesus either at the Bema or great white throne judgement.

Fool, remember the original IHL? The Roadrunners were in it. and in the WHA. And the WHL.

So much for your credentials.

And all those leagues went belly up. Because they put teams where hockey wasn't that popular. Notice a pattern?

thecatch.jpg

Are you mocking me?

Yes.

Let me go get my lion....

That's the best you can get? God is yawning at you for wasting his time.

Look harder. Maybe hit the (disambiguation) link on wikipedia if you can be bothered.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived