Back In The Game?

Linus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just copying this, as it is a rather Earth-shattering bit of news, and I'd rather it didn't get lost in the prattlings of Captain Fire 'n Brimstone over there.

Methinks Bettman is on the phone with the Kansas City people (Sprint Center is it?) as we speak. Balsillie adopting the same attitude as he did with Nashville will not put him in the NHL Board of Governors' good books. As far as I'm concerened, this whole "We are against relocation" attitude that Bettman is adopting will crumble once the right (American) investors come along. So I guess what I'm saying is:

Congratulations Kansas City, you finally get a team!

SenJake, I think you're on to something here. But who's ready, willing and able for ownership in KC? Boots DelBiaggio, last I heard, ran into some, er, "issues." So who's got the mid-nine figures and is jonesing to field a team in the shiny new Sprint Center?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just copying this, as it is a rather Earth-shattering bit of news, and I'd rather it didn't get lost in the prattlings of Captain Fire 'n Brimstone over there.

Methinks Bettman is on the phone with the Kansas City people (Sprint Center is it?) as we speak. Balsillie adopting the same attitude as he did with Nashville will not put him in the NHL Board of Governors' good books. As far as I'm concerened, this whole "We are against relocation" attitude that Bettman is adopting will crumble once the right (American) investors come along. So I guess what I'm saying is:

Congratulations Kansas City, you finally get a team!

SenJake, I think you're on to something here. But who's ready, willing and able for ownership in KC? Boots DelBiaggio, last I heard, ran into some, er, "issues." So who's got the mid-nine figures and is jonesing to field a team in the shiny new Sprint Center?

Well if not the Sprint Centre, there's still that Vegas idea. Would that team make money? I don't know, but I do know Bettman has a total boner for that Vegas idea. At the end of the day, this is what this will come down to.

thecatch.jpg

I hope you guys are happy that I won't post on this thread again.

Sometimes, the ungodly are postponed judgement for way too long...

Hurrah, we can discuss like grown-ups again.

Anyways, here's something else worth discussing... the plot thickens.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=277645

Hmm....Russian blood money. It works for the Brits, why not the NHL. That said, I think the NHL would sooner let Balsillie have the team than him.

(and probably sooner put the team under league control than either of those.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think he was asking God for your banishment. ^_^

That's weird. I thought he was asking for my Barrishment. Now I've got a taste for some :censored: ing waffles and a longing to watch some footy, and it appears both of my desires will go unfulfilled.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hmm....Russian blood money. It works for the Brits, why not the NHL. That said, I think the NHL would sooner let Balsillie have the team than him.

Typical Bettman. Man, when is his contract up again?

thecatch.jpg

Yeah, but it's KHL money, and that's, uh, well, is anyone sure if that money is actually there?

2010/2011. Which doesn't mean the BOG won't re-up with him.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, and from what I've heard it's looking like they will. However, if the league does end up running the Coyotes, that might change a few minds. This whole Phoenix thing looks like it might be heading towards a pretty disastrous outcome for ol' Gary.

thecatch.jpg

Yeah, and from what I've heard it's looking like they will. However, if the league does end up running the Coyotes, that might change a few minds. This whole Phoenix thing looks like it might be heading towards a pretty disastrous outcome for ol' Gary.

League ownership didn't end Selig's tenure. Since I gather the BOG doesn't like either Medvedev or Balsillie, they may prefer this setup as well.

Or yeah...if somebody in Kansas City makes a bid, they'll go with that.

Today, we are all otaku.

League ownership didn't end Selig's tenure. Since I gather the BOG doesn't like either Medvedev or Balsillie, they may prefer this setup as well.

Maybe Medvedev is just doing this to piss off the NHL BOG. I mean he does mention traditionnal hockey markets which is a gripe many of the NHL's fans do have. Maybe he's just bringing this up to stir the pot in North America a little.

thecatch.jpg

Maybe Medvedev is just doing this to piss off the NHL BOG. I mean he does mention traditionnal hockey markets which is a gripe many of the NHL's fans do have. Maybe he's just bringing this up to stir the pot in North America a little.

More than likely, especially since Quebec does need a new arena before even being considered.

Today, we are all otaku.

You mean like Winnipeg (both IHL and WHA), Quebec City (both IHL and WHA), and Hartford (WHA)?

EDIT-forgot Ottawa for the WHA too. :rolleyes:

Im curious as to why you care so much about Phoenix. Im guessing your from St. Louis, a good hockey market and your arguing against Phoenix moving. I dont understand.

Actually from Central Illinois, but whenever the LOL H0CK3Y D03SNT B3L0NG IN T3H S0UTH!!!111one arguments fly up for rather irrational means I find myself siding with the Southern teams. Because I'm pretty much from the hee haw states according to some.

I have nothing against american markets, I wish them well. The Coyotes are in a huge amount of debt. The NHL is losing money. That's not an irrational means.

But why have they incurred a huge amount of debt? Because of the market or the lease? I'm under the impression it's more on the latter than the former.

That said, Versus is claiming the Coyotes just filed for Chapter 11, so....fun for all around.

I never said it was the fans fault. The team is losing money. If you file for bankruptcy, you hurt the whole league's image and pocketbook. That's capitalism my friend. If it makes Americans cringe so much to move the team to Canada, then let me ask you this: Where is the Kansas City group and why haven't they made an offer? I think hockey in Kansas is a great idea. They gotta get on this if they hope to score a team. I know Bettman will back them up over Ballsillie.

You're aware that the Kansas City in which they'd be playing isn't in Kansas... right???

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You're aware that the Kansas City in which they'd be playing isn't in Kansas... right???

Yeah, I know, KC is in Missouri. It's just that with a name like Kansas City, it's easy for a Canuck to forget such things.

What about the Vegas idea? Las Vegas Coyotes actually has a nice ring to it.

thecatch.jpg

Yeah, I know, KC is in Missouri. It's just that with a name like Kansas City, it's easy for a Canuck to forget such things.

Vegas sounded better before the economy went to hell.

Apparently the only city that has taken the recession worse than Vegas is Detroit.

Today, we are all otaku.

Yet there is a Kansas City, Kansas bordering Kansas City, Missouri, so I can understand how a Canuck would get confused.

VmWIn6B.png

Vegas sounded better before the economy went to hell.

Apparently the only city that has taken the recession worse than Vegas is Detroit.

Well, I know a place where the recession hasn't hit that hard, eh. :flagcanada:

thecatch.jpg

Late to the party, but I'm warning you all.

End the holy wars on the boards, NOW. If anyone else tries to claim a higher power or superiority due to alleged beliefs, I will not only graveyar the offending thread but I will also convene the mod team for suspension hearings.

Feel free to live your lives how you each see fit, but do NOT impose your beliefs on the others around here. Period.

Carry on.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived