Where did you leave your heart?

cappital92

I was looking at the San Francisco script that the Giants have, and I thought that it would look better than the current block lettering they have now. I was just going to post the road, but I wanted to change the striping up, and different striping on two jerseys didn't seem right, so I made a home and alt.

Major changes:

-"San Francisco" in script on road, not block.

-changed orange-black-orange striping to orange-black-orange-black.

-Got rid of gold. Some people say it makes the jersey pop more, but to me, it didn't go well with the orange.

-Added black alt. I wanted to make the lettering black like the previous alt, but giving cream a bigger role felt like the right choice. Plus, it looked way better, IMO.

-Put the retro script on the right sleeve. I like it, but most people seem to like the current lettering they have.

So, without further ado, here they are.

Home:

sfgiantshome-1.png

Road:

sfgiantsroad-1.png

Alt:

sfgiantsalt-1.png

I do see where you get that idea, as both of our road jerseys have the script on them,and we both have black alts. However, I already finished the away and alt when you posted your concept. You also have gold and the same striping as the current. Still, sorry if there's any trouble.

The Giants script on the sleeve seems very redundant.

Agreed. I think that going with the San Francisco script on the sleeve on the home and alt would work. Other than that, I do like this concept, especially the alt. If the Giants went with that as an alt, they'd finally get it right.

I was going to put the SF on the home, but I thought that it would seem redundant with the SF on the hat. I like the idea of the San Francisco script on the home and alt, so I'm going to try that.

You put the name on the homes. Good enough for me :) .

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

While your name is Cappital, I am not sure if many appreciate the script. The nameplate should be larger.

The shoulderplate reminds me of who were living of those orange homes and that is not the greatest thing to remember. I believe if you don't have success with it, then you should not wear it.

Not sure why you consistently put your sleeve patches on the right sleeve, when 99.9% of teams in baseball history that have open left sleeves put their patches there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I do see where you get that idea, as both of our road jerseys have the script on them,and we both have black alts. However, I already finished the away and alt when you posted your concept. You also have gold and the same striping as the current. Still, sorry if there's any trouble.

Sorry, I would like to clarify. I simply ment it looked familiar. I don't mean to say anyone copied or anything. We just had similar ideas and a similar concept. I have no problem with that. And it's not like our idea(s) are even all that new. I guess this means I'm not the only one who thinks the Giants should look a certain way. I apoligize if I caused any confusion or came off as rude.

As for the concept, I obviously like it. If you really want to see what I would do different, just look at my concept. As others have said, the sleeve patch is a little redundant. That is why I used a different one. Great job here capp.

Not sure why you consistently put your sleeve patches on the right sleeve, when 99.9% of teams in baseball history that have open left sleeves put their patches there.

I'll change that, but I fail to see why the left sleeve is any different from the right.

I'll change that, but I fail to see why the left sleeve is any different from the right.

Because that's just how it's done. How silly did the Reds look when they put their number underneath the left side of their script? Why did it look dumb? Because that's just not how it's done.

As for a real design-oriented reason, the best I can come up with is that your eye naturally moves from left to right. You don't want a little patch being the first thing that catches your eye and potentially detracting from the main script, which should be the focal point of the jersey. If there's something on the left side already, and something else goes on the right, I still think it looks weird, but at least it's balanced, making the main script the centerpiece.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Because that's just how it's done. How silly did the Reds look when they put their number underneath the left side of their script? Why did it look dumb? Because that's just not how it's done.

As for a real design-oriented reason, the best I can come up with is that your eye naturally moves from left to right. You don't want a little patch being the first thing that catches your eye and potentially detracting from the main script, which should be the focal point of the jersey. If there's something on the left side already, and something else goes on the right, I still think it looks weird, but at least it's balanced, making the main script the centerpiece.

Well since the advent of TV I would say that since most batters are right handed, the left arm would face toward the field and the cameras. Perhaps that is why the patch placement on the left arm.

As for the concept, the Giant script on the home is redundant, and you are right on why not the use the SF. So why don't you create something unique? A Golden Gate Bridge type icon, or a skyline patch or even bring back the cable car number treatment from the '70's.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I feel stupid for asking this, but does anyone have the logo on the front of this hat?

That seems like something you should be able to copy/trace easy enough? What do you use to make your stuff? If you place a layer over top and take your time you should be able to copy it with ease. OR... you could just be creative and make your own unique logo.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I feel stupid for asking this, but does anyone have the logo on the front of this hat?

i think raysox might have done a concept with that logo. PM him to clarify....

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Archived