New Israel Soccer Badge & Jersey

rmackman

Not sure if this has been mentioned. I didn't see anything, and the Sportslogos.net main site still has the old badge. Looks like Israel switched from Puma to Adidas. I like the new badge, but the jersey looks fairly generic to me:

Israel Football Association Website

Israel_football_association_new.jpg

adidas2.jpg

new.jpg

Article on switch to adidas

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Yeah, crest was covered. As for the kits... though they are generic, I gotta say, it looks nice. I'll have to order one.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I don't follow this sport, so I have to ask: is there precedent for that in other leagues, putting English in the logo even when it's not an anglophone nation (which I suppose Israel sorta is in some capacity)?

I like the logo, if not the VAG Rounded. Seems kind of soft and edgeless for 1) a sports logo in general and 2) a nation that has spent basically its entire existence being anything but soft and edgeless to its very bad neighbors.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What's with the top left corner? It's like someone forgot to finish it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The crest being in English with Hebrew subtitles still chaps my ass. Call me crazy, but the national crest should feature - most prominently - the national language.

To my knowledge, they have several different versions, although the primary crest is in English.

new-israel-crest.jpg

The Israel Football Association has launched its new branding process during which the new Association logo was introduced.

Over the past year, the IFA has undergone extensive changes, reflected in the appointment of young, ambitious university graduates division heads, lead by IFA Chief Executive Adv. Ori Shilo and IFA Deputy Chief Executive Adv. Rotem Kamer.

IFA Chairman Avi Luzon presented to the Football Association standards of transparency, professionalism and dynamism, which are also reflected in the lengthy branding process experienced by the Association.

The international company Sportfive, in conjunction with the IFA and Tamuz, conducted research that ultimately resulted in the formulation of a shared vision, and of shared values and goals of Israeli football.

IFA Chairman Avi Luzon, who introduced the logo, said at the press conference: "This is the time to connect all elements of changes that the Association has undergone this past year. We have brought in new faces, have been awarded the ISO 9001 international standard, conducted research and carried out a lengthy, comprehensive branding process. We saw how it was being done globally and how modern businesses in sports and in the business world were being branded."

IFA Chief Executive Adv. Ori Shilo: "Branding has never been done in the IFA. Branding reflects the spirit of the changes in the Association that is manifested in the vision, goals and values: professionalism, transparency, dynamism and achievement."

Shilo displayed the logos, including the logo for the State Cup, the Premiere League Logo and the Referee Association Logo.

banner_player02.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I am aware of that, but what Arabic has to do with the question of using a lingua franca over Hebrew, I'm not sure. Are you saying it should be in Hebrew and Arabic, no English?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Here's the white kit...

IsraelHome.jpgIsraelRoad.jpg

I don't know how I feel about the gold on the back. While gold is often found on Judaica merchandise (and it looks fantastic with the blue and white, normally), it looks extremely odd here considering gold is nowhere else to be found. The old crest, at least, had gold trim. I wonder if it's just a for-sale replica sort of schtick, or if the actual player names are in gold. To contrast, take a look at the blues... ISRAEL in white on the back. I think I'll wind up getting the white anyway... even if I too wish Israel had been written in hebrew. Ah well... I'll live.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

The crest being in English with Hebrew subtitles still chaps my ass. Call me crazy, but the national crest should feature - most prominently - the national language.

To my knowledge, they have several different versions, although the primary crest is in English.

new-israel-crest.jpg

I looked this up last time we talked about this, they are the shields for referees and various tournaments & cups.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...mp;#entry953796

Here's the white kit...

IsraelHome.jpgIsraelRoad.jpg

I don't know how I feel about the gold on the back. While gold is often found on Judaica merchandise (and it looks fantastic with the blue and white, normally), it looks extremely odd here considering gold is nowhere else to be found. The old crest, at least, had gold trim. I wonder if it's just a for-sale replica sort of schtick, or if the actual player names are in gold. To contrast, take a look at the blues... ISRAEL in white on the back. I think I'll wind up getting the white anyway... even if I too wish Israel had been written in hebrew. Ah well... I'll live.

To my knowledge, the in-game authentic jerseys have player names on the back. They only print ISRAEL on the back of the store-bought jerseys. I'm not sure why, and it's kind of irritating to me.

spacer.png

To my knowledge, the in-game authentic jerseys have player names on the back. They only print ISRAEL on the back of the store-bought jerseys. I'm not sure why, and it's kind of irritating to me.

Oh no, I know that. Obviously it'll have player names on the back... I'm just curious if the name are also in gold.

I like the crest, but I hate the font they use for Israel. It reminds me too much of comic sans. It's not a professional enough font. Something like Arial or even Futura would've looked better.

I don't follow this sport, so I have to ask: is there precedent for that in other leagues, putting English in the logo even when it's not an anglophone nation (which I suppose Israel sorta is in some capacity)?

I like the logo, if not the VAG Rounded. Seems kind of soft and edgeless for 1) a sports logo in general and 2) a nation that has spent basically its entire existence being anything but soft and edgeless to its very bad neighbors.

There is some precedence for club teams using English in their name, as an homage to the English roots of the game. Or in some cases, it was English people living abroad who formed the club. Hence, you have teams in Argentina called Boca Juniors, Newell's Old Boys, etc.

But for national teams, I can't think of anyone else using an English version of their name. Germany says "Deutschland," Croatia says "Hrvatska." Maybe the closest thing would be Korea and Japan which use "KFA" and "JFA" instead of their native alphabet.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Archived