My High School Soccer concept

theflakeband

Well i'm a sophomore in college and after i graduate i plan on becoming a soccer coach. My dream job is the high school i graduated from, Sealy High School, even though the soccer program is only a mere 2 years old.

Sealy.png

I know some of the logo's are hard to see in the concept so i enlarged them. The reason for the old victory flag is a throwback to our great football history, and our new victory flag is way overused, the LSU tiger eye logo, the dot is simple yet original.

Seaky2.png

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

I like this concept a lot, but I think you should try and come up with a more creative motto for the crest. "This is Sealy" isn't all that creative and it honestly sounds kind of lazy to me. Overall this is a good concept, though. The only thing that needs any tweaking at all is the motto on the crest.

• 2 weeks later...
A lot of Koreans in the team? Oh well.

300pxemblemofkoreafootb.gif

I think somebody just pulled a spammy. Good catch taantumus.

He never claimed the logo was his own design. There's a big difference.

True. But, he never said it was someone else's either.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

A lot of Koreans in the team? Oh well.

300pxemblemofkoreafootb.gif

I think somebody just pulled a spammy. Good catch taantumus.

He never claimed the logo was his own design. There's a big difference.

True. But, he never said it was someone else's either.

Not a big deal. Flake, your secret is out now, the logo is a recolor (shocker!).

Yall have to remember its a HIGH SCHOOL! HIGH SCHOOLS RECYCLE EXISTING LOGOS LIKE CRAZY.

I would not hold that against him at all. Heck, the region the high school i went to is in has three teams that use the Philly Eagles logo

Exactly! Very few high schools have the budget to get their own identity/logo so they borrow existing ones. Others, like mine, use their flimsy creative budget and come up with gems like this...

dexter.jpg

Yes, it's a battleship with arms and a face...We were the Dreadnaughts.

so just because a lot of high schools recycle logos makes it ok? look intellectual property should be just as protected as real property. You'd be pissed if i stole your stereo and and spray painted it and claimed i bought it on Ebay. Stealing logos and other intellectual property is no different.

OD_Signature.jpg

so just because a lot of high schools recycle logos makes it ok? look intellectual property should be just as protected as real property. You'd be pissed if i stole your stereo and and spray painted it and claimed i bought it on Ebay. Stealing logos and other intellectual property is no different.

I never said it was okay, but it's a well known practice for high schools. Obviously it's still frowned upon, since school's like Wisconsin and Missouri are going after high schools that use logos similar to theirs.

Since this is just a concept, I think it's fine. Not as good as designing your own logo, but to each his own.

Archived