Dubai Buruj, Randyc's WFA team

fkaKrock5cent

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
here's my version of maz's idea

Dlogopng.png

Any ideas on how to make the D less awkward?

My idea was along the lines of Maz's. I wonder if you were to widen the D so that overall the logo would be shorter in height than it is long.

you should incorporate the Hymenocallis into your design somehow, considering it shaped the footprint of the building and would act as a strong symbol for the city.

http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fict...asp?NewsNum=428

could be a secondary at least.

Humm..... Not a bad idea, Are you talking like the plant or the actual base of the building?

The new D logo is similar to what I sent you. I did relatively nothing to create what you were sent. Just line weights and more precise edges on the curve of the D. The thin lines of the Burj Dubai don't flow very well into the seemingly bold D. The straight lines of the building don't really work with the messy looking D or diamond in the middle either. Try to refine both, use a sharper image for the diamond, possibly a shape similar to the hypocycloids in the Steelers' logo. Possibly a Hymenocallis?

Been away the last few days for work, but I must say I'm liking the last 2 D logos.

Good to hear I'm going in the right direction on this one. How do you feel about the using a Hymenocallis as an alt?

wow, it's like looking at one of my fantasy teams :P

That's what I thought too when I stated using the colors. Next thing you know I'll be sporting an ICS band! :P

Archived