My National Hockey League

capn89

I'm looking to work on a redesign but I can't deside which team to start with so I'm hoping for some thoughts. Here's where everything stands from the last time. I was going to do a poll, but apparently you can only have 15 choices so I'll be relying on your posts.

See The Big Darn Grid of Jerseys Here

Team 1 - Anaheim Ducks - Thread

3747036863_3b4ff42a4c_o.png

3747036507_8d6c3f77c5_o.png

? Action Shot 1 (Home & Away)

? Action Shot 2 (Home & Away)

? Action Shot 3 (Alternate)

Team 2 - Minnesota Wild - Thread

3751162112_becdfc8797_o.png

3750370541_2793b15cf2_o.png

? Action Shot 1 (Home)

? Action Shot 2 (Away)

? Action Shot 3 (Alternate)

? Action Shot 4 (Home & Away)

Next Up:

undecided

Also, that Dallas Alt is worse than the Mooterus.

Really? Wow. I don't think I'd go that far. It's pretty creative and actually fits with their colour scheme and style - something the Mooterus didn't do.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Good stuff, I've always admired how you present every team redesigned, along with your evolution thingies. The only one I cannot stand is the Canadiens, and I don't love the Penguins template. But really, you have some great ideas here, that Islanders template is very awesome. The one thing I would suggest, on a few of them, is to not cut off the striping on the sleeves, but that seems to be your style, so it's good that you stick with it. Honestly, I've had a boring day sitting at this internship thing I'm at, and I stared at this display for quite a while.

You've inspired me to repackage all of my NHL concepts and present it in an "all at once" manner like this, and I think I'm actually gonna do it, so...thanks!

Hmm, Id say start with the Canadiens, seems to be the only one I think that needs some more work. I love the rest of these, my overall favorites are the Isles, Pens and Bruins jerseys. How about doing the NHA and WHA teams? Seeing something like a Toros, Areos or any of those teams would be great and I think would fit your style. BTW I think I finally figured out how you do your concepts (if you remember) haha.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

what's with dropping the DALLAS wordmark and putting it on other teams?

Actually love the Dallas Alt, except for the Stars part I'd like just the regular logo on there. Even though I hate dallas, I'd actually think about getting those jerseys.

I love pretty much most of the work done actualy I like the style and everything.. however

I don't feel the Avs alt would be what they need. It screams almost too much "Rangers"

The Red wings alt doesn't for me. The template and the logo contradict styles. You have a retro logo/style with a modern template. I'd consider keeping the logo and go with a retro styling with a lace up.

The kings H&A jerseys for me are just meh in terms of eye catching. The organization has really kinda be a eye-catcher with the colors and kinda branded that with the jerseys they have. I'd like to maybe see a yellow alt based on the old Yellow and Purple Era.

Like some have said, I'd go with the Black and Gold Pens and leave the light blue to the Alt jerseys. The pens were kinda the staple Black and Gold team now and well its just tough seeing them drop that for good.

Things I LOVE:

the Bruins Alt. Love the logo and the style and I love bright colors for alternate jerseys.

Hurricanes H&A jerseys are perfect.. they need to switch.. to those permanent.

Like I said Stars Alt for me would be perfect with the Stars main logo on it.

Love the Devils alt, the logo is great for an Alt jersey.

LOVE the Blues Alternate jersey, I would buy one of those now.

Great job man!

spacer.png

Umm I dont think so at all, it works perfectly with that set and would be a sweet alternate.

Only suggestion for the stars is add Green to the home.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

6 of the 90 jerseys have a Script with number/small logo underneath. All of them are alternates, not a single one is a home/road jersey. I could have used the DALLAS script on the alternate, but it didn't look right. I like the Stars logo better than their script, which is why I used it on the home and road. I'm sorry you don't like the alternate, but we're all entitled to our opinions. Thanks for the input.

Really? Wow. I don't think I'd go that far. It's pretty creative and actually fits with their colour scheme and style - something the Mooterus didn't do.

Yeah, I wanted to actually do something with stars on a dallas stars jersey. I miss their old home/away with the star striping so I wanted to pay somewhat of a tribute to using stars with the alternate.
Good stuff, I've always admired how you present every team redesigned, along with your evolution thingies. The only one I cannot stand is the Canadiens, and I don't love the Penguins template. But really, you have some great ideas here, that Islanders template is very awesome. The one thing I would suggest, on a few of them, is to not cut off the striping on the sleeves, but that seems to be your style, so it's good that you stick with it. Honestly, I've had a boring day sitting at this internship thing I'm at, and I stared at this display for quite a while.

You've inspired me to repackage all of my NHL concepts and present it in an "all at once" manner like this, and I think I'm actually gonna do it, so...thanks!

A lot of good things here, thank you. A note for myself would be;

Canadiens, Penguins, try to address cut-off striping.

I'll see what I can do with the striping. I guess it is and isn't my style, if that makes sense. I mean as a creator of the jerseys I'm ultimately in control, but I tend to hand-cuff myself with the idea of them being on a template and if you had side/underarm mesh you wouldn't be able to wrap the stripes around. Most of the time, at least on the arms, when the jersey is worn you never even notice, on the sides yeah. I will address it, though. I appreciate all the great c&c.

Hmm, Id say start with the Canadiens, seems to be the only one I think that needs some more work. I love the rest of these, my overall favorites are the Isles, Pens and Bruins jerseys. How about doing the NHA and WHA teams? Seeing something like a Toros, Areos or any of those teams would be great and I think would fit your style. BTW I think I finally figured out how you do your concepts (if you remember) haha.

Canadiens again. Looks like that might be a good place to start haha. I might consider NHA and WHA. I think someone is working on getting higher quality logos on the sigh, so perhaps when that happens for these leagues I'll look into it. Yeah lol, I think I remember trying to explain the nonsense that went into making my concepts.

Actually love the Dallas Alt, except for the Stars part I'd like just the regular logo on there. Even though I hate dallas, I'd actually think about getting those jerseys.

I love pretty much most of the work done actualy I like the style and everything.. however

I don't feel the Avs alt would be what they need. It screams almost too much "Rangers"

The Red wings alt doesn't for me. The template and the logo contradict styles. You have a retro logo/style with a modern template. I'd consider keeping the logo and go with a retro styling with a lace up.

The kings H&A jerseys for me are just meh in terms of eye catching. The organization has really kinda be a eye-catcher with the colors and kinda branded that with the jerseys they have. I'd like to maybe see a yellow alt based on the old Yellow and Purple Era.

Like some have said, I'd go with the Black and Gold Pens and leave the light blue to the Alt jerseys. The pens were kinda the staple Black and Gold team now and well its just tough seeing them drop that for good.

Things I LOVE:

the Bruins Alt. Love the logo and the style and I love bright colors for alternate jerseys.

Hurricanes H&A jerseys are perfect.. they need to switch.. to those permanent.

Like I said Stars Alt for me would be perfect with the Stars main logo on it.

Love the Devils alt, the logo is great for an Alt jersey.

LOVE the Blues Alternate jersey, I would buy one of those now.

Great job man!

Wow, thanks a lot for the long reply. To start, the Avs, a couple things I want to point out just to make a small case for the alternate. When I was making it I wa worried that a blue jersey could seem "Rangersy," especially with the slanted "COLORADO" logo, however, a couple things to keep in mind that you can and can't see; I avoided using white in place of silver/gray, that way you lose the red, white and blue look (that you can see), what you can't see is that the uniform features blue pants so when you see it all put together it might not scream Rangers.

Aha! I found it!

COL3G.png

I hear you on the Redwings. I will definitely look into that. Perhaps I'll turn the alternate style into a home/road and edit the home/road and use the alternate logo. I thought the Kings turned out "classy" but I can agree they're not eye popping. On the next installment I'll see what I can do with, perhaps, blending eras and adding something better. Maybe spakle-i-fy the silver haha. I'll look into the Pens as well. Definitely not going to use piss vegas gold, though.

Thanks a lot for the long response, I'll take everything into consideration when working on the teams.

Umm I dont think so at all, it works perfectly with that set and would be a sweet alternate.

Only suggestion for the stars is add Green to the home.

When I did the last versions I was mostly trying to stick to what the teams were using (color-wise), I really wanted to use green. Next version, I WILL! ^_^

Archived