Personal Logo

Shachihoko

Hey guys, I'm a bit new here.. I thought it would be a good time to start working out a personal logo that would be suitable for my full name (Jeannette Hall) and my style. I'm more of an artist (such as painting, photography, digital, drawing, sculpturing, and a bit of graphic arts) over on heavily graphic arts.

Right now these are the idea I came up.. It was tough creating a logo with my initial, since it is a bit hard to picture it. For now, I am quicker on sketching it than working it over on illustrator.. So, for my final will be in vector.

personalogos.gif

What do you think? ^_^

Hey guys, I'm a bit new here.. I thought it would be a good time to start working out a personal logo that would be suitable for my full name (Jeannette Hall) and my style. I'm more of an artist (such as painting, photography, digital, drawing, sculpturing, and a bit of graphic arts) over on heavily graphic arts.

Right now these are the idea I came up.. It was tough creating a logo with my initial, since it is a bit hard to picture it. For now, I am quicker on sketching it than working it over on illustrator.. So, for my final will be in vector.

personalogos.gif

What do you think? ^_^

i like top left if you combined the two lines in the middle.

you might be missing a trick with regards to looping the

tail of the J to make the 'cross bar' of the H so to speak?

To Davidson:

Hmm.. Care to show me what you meant?

The top left looks far too much like a certain sexual position, sorry.

Besides that my eye isn't drawn to any one in particular, my favorite would be the middle in the first row though.

I don't really see it look like a sexual position... But, your mind in the gutter right now... Haha

I actually liked the fourth one from the left on the bottom row when I first skimmed these, but started liking the allusion to a paintbrush in the last one of the second row. Maybe you could incorporate the top metal part of the brush too?

If you're more of a fine artist, and are hellbent on your initials, did you think of using the initials from your signature on paintings? May work better than forcing the J and H into something too glossy for a visual artist sans graphic design.

I actually liked the fourth one from the left on the bottom row when I first skimmed these, but started liking the allusion to a paintbrush in the last one of the second row. Maybe you could incorporate the top metal part of the brush too?

If you're more of a fine artist, and are hellbent on your initials, did you think of using the initials from your signature on paintings? May work better than forcing the J and H into something too glossy for a visual artist sans graphic design.

I don't want to make the logo look shiny and glossy, which is right.. Basically when I do traditional painting, I just sign it as a regular initial with the year on it. for example:

70962407.gif

You know, I never really thought of what you mention about the allusion to a paintbrush... You just made me came with another idea about that:

jhbrush.gif

Here's something really simple I figured I'd give a try. I don't really think it's the style you were looking for but I figure it couldn't hurt to present it to ya

JH-1.jpg

I like it, but I think it just a bit too glossy and metallic for my taste.. The JH look just simple also. Thanks for sharing, I'd really love to see more ideas coming from everyone. Keep it up

my favorite would be the middle in the first row though.

You mean the "dual penises" one? :P

Was that comment really necessary? Seriously now...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

that is pretty much what I saw when looking at them for the first time. also, the first on on first row is pretty sexual as well. i think the 4th from left on the bottom has a lot of potential...however, it reads JHP to me.

the 4th from left on the top isn't too bad either...but again, the right side is kind of useless to your initials.

Was that comment really necessary? Seriously now...

We have an ongoing discussion of the first one looking like a 69 and you get upset over my pointing out the obvious. :huh:

I like the start of the paintbrush initials a lot - just make sure you shape it into a recognizable paintbrush, because it could start to look like flames if it gets too round.

Looking good though - good luck with the final designs!

EDIT - I meant to quote your reply with your initials and the first paintbrush logo, instead I accidentally quoted mine. Sorry!

The top left looks far too much like a certain sexual position, sorry.

Besides that my eye isn't drawn to any one in particular, my favorite would be the middle in the first row though.

I don't see that at all - what I see is a lower-case "j" and an exclamation point connected by a line. But that's just me.

I like the direction you guys are taking with the paintbrush idea, but I think that instead of using the head someone should try using a full-length brush as the design element - perhaps one bent in the shape of a "j" and the other pointed vertically with the brush-head facing up.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived