Wild 3rd Jersey

OnWis97

I wonder if the new green jersey will be the same striping template as the current red jersey (as shown below), or more along the lines of the 2004 All-Star jersey.

Whatever they do with it, I just hope it's not the same horrid font for the numbers as the red jersey. Why on Earth they didn't go with something that looked retro, I'll never understand. How awesome would the Rangers drop shadowed numbers have looked on that jersey? Throw in a green "Canadiens" chest stripe and that would be the greatest jersey ever, ever, ever (as long as you can get past the "Christmas colors" issue.)

MinnesotaWIldAlteredAlt.jpg

I like what Frolunda have done with the red jersey using the white jerseys template.

FrolundaWIld.jpg

The 30th happens to be my birthday, so we were planning on going to the State Fair that day already, so I'm going to have to make a point of being there for the jersey announcement. I'm surprised they've rounded up Boogaard for the event and not Havlat.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm surprised they've rounded up Boogaard for the event and not Havlat.

Management was afraid Havlat would injure himself with one of the numerous foods on sticks.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

here is a quote from Michael Russo (the Wild beat writer for the Star Tribune)

I?d describe it as a pretty traditional front. Green. MINNESOTA WILD in sort of a cursive writing. And I think that ?M? in Minnesota will be an ?M? you?ll start seeing on a ton of Wild merchandise.-Michael Russo(the Wild beat writer for the Star Tribune)

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/wildblog/

jlentz823 said:
Mockba said:
I feel like I've seen that somewhere before... in this thread... somewhere...

haha (just made larger :P ) here are a couple mockups from that description

I don't really like it (the Wild's design, not your mockups, which are nicely done). I'd hope there'd be some red on the script, but I guess keeping primary colors to the side is a trend now.

I don't like it because a. I associate that design with college hockey and b. It gives the Wild three templates. I hope they don't go to the circle logo for the white, though. I'd rather they use the home template but with the big logo not squeezed into a little circle.

And if that's the "M" I hope that Russo is wrong about it showing up on a lot of merchandise.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

yeah these are just 3 interpretation of what Russo said. i have no idea how they are going to be striping it. what we for sure know is :a script that is similar(if not the same) and the sweater will be green.

if i had to pick one out of the 3 i made, it would be the 1st one(all the way to the left). i like the monochromatic and the striping. but we will have to wait 9 more days.

I hope it primarily says "Minnesota" on it like your concepts and not the full name spelled out. That would be too much. Also, from looking at your concepts I really prefer the middle one with a healthy dose of red in it, or at least the third one with some red.

And one can only pray they don't use that same font for the numbers that they do on the red ones. Worst font in the league, Machine, the first choice of fonts for people who have no idea what they are doing. I can't tell you how many incorrect, half-assed jersey customizations I've seen in my life that have incorrectly used Machine instead of the proper font.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

What if, for those thinking of using drop-shadows, they used the "northwest" style drop shadow the North Stars wore in their later seasons? (Though truthfully, I really like the number font that use on their white jerseys (and their old greens, which I, for one, and probably only one, certainly hope they aren't bringing back).

Also, for those concepts just posted, they all look nice, though I think they really oughta just go with flat green pants, with perhaps a wheat-gold stripe down the side.

IMO, if this script font that keeps appearing in every concept is indeed the logo they'll be using, I just can't see that M on it's own being a significant emblem on anything except possibly a hat. I'm thinking they've probably made some other script logo we've yet to see.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived