Soda Football League

ChuckDownfield

Now I know that this has been done about a million times, but I really have never seen a really good soda, fast food, corporate, ect. league. So I took a shot at a Pepsi football team and I think it turned out pretty well. I hope, if you guys enjoy this, to make this into a series. Now, on to the concept.

pepsifinal.png

C&C

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

This concept is too wild for pepsi.

if you really want to do a good pepsi concept do this.

Helmet:

Navy blue with logo.

jersey:

standard navy jersey with numbers

standard white jersey with numbers

pants:

White pants no stripes

navy pants no stripes.

call it done.

pretty much what pepsi did with all their products so the concept should reflect what pepsi did with there rebrand.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Helmet:

Navy blue with logo.

jersey:

pants:

White pants no stripes

navy pants no stripes.

call it done.

pretty much what pepsi did with all their products so the concept should reflect what pepsi did with there rebrand.

The manifestation of attitudes like that is why until recently, the Concepts thread was a place I rarely visited. The concept should reflect the idea that Chuck had in his head, irrespective of what the company actually did in real life. It's a concept. It's supposed to be creative, is it not?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Helmet:

Navy blue with logo.

jersey:

pants:

White pants no stripes

navy pants no stripes.

call it done.

Actually I wanted this concept to be a little out there, to mimic the cans with the crazy designs they did awhile back, where there were like a million different can designs.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Actually I wanted this concept to be a little out there, to mimic the cans with the crazy designs they did awhile back, where there were like a million different can designs.

@Jigga: c2c was being an anus. poo happens.

@ChuckDownField: in all honesty, I like the design, its pretty unique and fitting for the logo. With the new rebrand, the designs on the cans is the direction they should have done with the cans. The logo on solid background is something i expected with the old logo.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Needs more purple. :P

I like this. It's flashy like the cans and the helmets have the Boston Breakers thing going on. I agree with Cream Soda about the numbers, though... maybe a font that is similar to the Pepsi wordmark?

philly.png

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to see the full number set before I give full judgement, but I am a fan of the ribbons used for stripes. Although parts of the front and back of the jersey reminds me of those god-awful under armour jerseys.

LosAngelesLakers.pngLosAngelesDodgers.pngSanDiegoChargers.png

thanks to crkraider22

I'd suggest removing all the ribbon accents from the jersey, and focusing mainly on using that element only on the pants, the stripe on the back of the jersey clashes too much with the chest ribbon, and the sleeves ribbons just look odd, i'd stick with using the ribbon primarily on the pants...

Also, I think the numerals are too thin, and seem stretched too far vertically, using a bolder typstyle wouldn't take away too much from the font, where I believe you were going...

Otherwise, great idea for a concept!

Archived