1991 world series

Sproullie03

What I can remember about the '91 World Series is that it seemed everyone and their mothers were cheering for the Atlanta Braves... hard to imagine now but the Braves finished in last place in the NL West for several consecutive seasons right up until 1991.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I always believed the plexiglass was there to reduce the number of home runs in the then "Homerdome".

Now that it's gone they rope off the first two rows of the "home run porch" to eliminate fan interference and there's no reason they couldn't have done that then if that was the main issue.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

5 pennants, 1 WS win, and it didn't come in the "Greatest World Series of All-Time." 'Greatest' my ass, if the Braves didn't win it then :censored: that label. :P

I hated the Braves more than I liked the Twins. Game 7 of the '91 Series is one of the best I've ever seen. Don't know if I'd call it the greatest series of all time. For me, it was the '78 Series. But it was the greatest for me because it was the first one I sat and watched. And characters like Jackson, Munson, Garvey and Baker were bigger than life (at least they were to an eight-year-old).

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

What I can remember about the '91 World Series is that it seemed everyone and their mothers were cheering for the Atlanta Braves... hard to imagine now but the Braves finished in last place in the NL West for several consecutive seasons right up until 1991.

The Twins also finished last in the AL West in 1990.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I was 9 when the 1991 Series happened. I remember it well because my dad told me "Pay attention son, you may never see this again." Growing up a Braves fan was one huge roller coaster. I know one thing, I will never take going to the playoffs for granted, and I hope other Braves fans feel the same way. They went from having packed stadiums and loud tomahawk chops to not being able to sell playoff games because they were there so much. When they make it again, I really hope to get that '91-'92 feeling again.

The Twins also finished last in the AL West in 1990.

Yes but had won the World Series only 4 years earlier... the Braves were "Americas Team" and perennial losers up until that point.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Now that it's gone they rope off the first two rows of the "home run porch" to eliminate fan interference and there's no reason they couldn't have done that then if that was the main issue.

I assume selling more tickets had something to do with that....

If it wasn't for the plexi, Kirby would have just hopped up into the stands too often. Attending Game 7 with my dad is one of the best memories of my life. 91 was such an epic year for Minnesota in sports; SuperBowl, Stanley Cup, US Open and World Series. Then the Final four in 92.

I assume selling more tickets had something to do with that....

Back when the plexi was first installed, they had PLENTY of room to accommodate the 10,604 fans. Two extra rows available in the outfield were not a factor in their thinking.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

If it wasn't for the plexi, Kirby would have just hopped up into the stands too often. Attending Game 7 with my dad is one of the best memories of my life. 91 was such an epic year for Minnesota in sports; SuperBowl, Stanley Cup, US Open and World Series. Then the Final four in 92.

I remember it fondly: meeting Joe Gibbs the day before the Super Bowl and then attending the Final Four that year. One of the best years of my adolescence.

Archived