My LA Concept

vicfurth

Hey, I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring with the Draw Brawl post-contest feedback:

LosAngelesPrestigeLogoset.png

LosAngelesPrestigeUniforms.png

I went with a theme based on something LA is known for alot: Oscar night. I wanted a really regal setup, thus the Oscar logo and the Hollywood star secondary. The uniforms are simple but modern.

Considering I'm just now really getting into making logos on my own rather than just uniforms, I really want to get better. C/C please! ;)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

there is really nothing special about the branding here, but the concept is sharp to say the least.

the only problem I have is that 09 is not an option for a football #.

Ah. That part I actually did for "starting in 2009" effect.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The Oscar itself is fine, although he does kinda look like he's got a fat lip.

The real drawbacks for me on this were the wordmark, the text on the secondary and the script logos. It looks like you simply picked out a nice-looking font, typed out "Los Angeles Prestige" and called it a day. I would have loved to see you do more with the words here. That could have taken this to the next level.

Hey, I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring with the Draw Brawl post-contest feedback:

LosAngelesPrestigeLogoset.png

LosAngelesPrestigeUniforms.png

I went with a theme based on something LA is known for alot: Oscar night. I wanted a really regal setup, thus the Oscar logo and the Hollywood star secondary. The uniforms are simple but modern.

Considering I'm just now really getting into making logos on my own rather than just uniforms, I really want to get better. C/C please! ;)

Not in love with the white helmets and pants. If you have gold, use gold. Metallic gold > white.

Packers-2.png

i would put the body inside the star for starters. the head and shoulders could protrude from the top. at the moment the cut off bust look quite awkward to me.

id also give the statue a more dynamic angle. check out some of the old ww2 proaganda posters. they are great at that sort of look 'gazing into the distance with steely determination'. the key is to draw the model as if viewed from below. it creates the illusion of the subject being taller and more imposing.

here are a few examples:

poster.jpg

0000-1404-6~USSR-Udarnaya-Brigada-Proletariata-Vsego-Avant-Garde-Posters.jpg

PIC%2000152.jpg

poster-nazi-e.jpg

Archived