2009 NFL Preview

NJTank

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rams went 3-13 in 2007 Tank.

I'm also a little more unsure of the defense, but remain optimistic. Laurinitis certainly had himself a good preseason.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Rams went 3-13 in 2007 Tank.

I'm also a little more unsure of the defense, but remain optimistic. Laurinitis certainly had himself a good preseason.

You guys probably have the right coach to turn it around, but it definitely doesn't help that Carriker is done for the year.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Caldwell out after one year?

Yeah the Colts may have lost Dungy, but they still have Manning. I think in a relatively weak division, they should still go reasonably well, but they have invested too much time and energy in Caldwell, as Dungy's replacement, to dump him after 1 year.

I don't buy the Chargers as a likely Superbowl winning team. Sure they have LaDanian, and some other offensive weapons, but I just don't see a team coached by Norv Turner as a team that could win it all. It also seems a bit weird to me that a rookie of the year could be a QB on a team going 6-10. And I am not convinced by the Packers as a division winning team, ahead of the Bears and Vikings.

Also seems unlikely after a reasonably decently first year that Jim Zorn would get fired. I know its the Redskins and Snyder, and I know there are some coaches out there who could get hired for big bucks by the Redskins, but I think Zorn should be reasonably safe for now.

JOhn Fox is an interesting one, I know Cowher is rumored to be liked to take over there. But he does have a good record, so I would imagine would be able to get another job.

I have a feeling the Dolphins might be a homer pick from Tank there. I think Sparano did a miracle job last year, but I think the wildcat position will have been figured out to some extent by defences, and do they really have lots of talent in there??

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Sanchez is my second choice as Rookie of the Year, its a weak rookie class I think overall and the player I would have chosen is a holdout (Crabtree).

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I tweeted this to tank, but might as well put it out there. I don't give a flying :censored: if the Falcons make the playoffs this year. Just get 9 or more wins and I'll be happy. They could go 9-7, miss the playoffs, and it'd be like winning the Super Bowl for me.

You have the feeling that it is Super Bowl or bust for the Eagles, this season as they came with in one game of making it last year. The loss of Brian Dawkins in the secondary maybe their only concern, but with a schedule against the AFC West, the Eagles should be able to take flight this year, as them and the Giants, will be battling all season for the top spot in the East, as the two longtime rivals are at the head of the class in the NFC, with the division winner having the step up to making it to the Super Bowl.

Should read something like this:

You have the feeling that it is Super Bowl or bust for the Eagles this season, as they came with in one game of making it last year. The loss of Brian Dawkins in the secondary may be their only concern, but with a schedule against the AFC West, the Eagles should be able to take flight this year. They and the Giants will be battling all season for the top spot in the East, as the two longtime rivals are at the head of the class in the NFC, with the division winner having the step up to making it to the Super Bowl.

Not sure if that's 100% correct (it's probably not), but I'm not professing to be a writer.

As is the case with most of your site updates, there are grammatical errors throughout, and some of your sentences are just very difficult to read. If you want the eCyclopedia to be taken seriously, you really need to spend more time (maybe take a class?) learning how to write more effectively.

That being said, you're being really kind to the Eagles here... they have a lot of holes that need to be filled somehow before they can contend for anything this season.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I am not writing for teh Oxfor review, you seem to be intent on ripping me for being alive, and never do anything but rip me, yet you never point out specific errors.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I am not writing for teh Oxfor review, you seem to be intent on ripping me for being alive, and never do anything but rip me, yet you never point out specific errors.

That's actually exactly what I did.

You should really think about your statement. You have a site for which you post full-fledged articles offering opinions and in some cases factual reviews of sports teams / seasons. Why would you not want to approach it as if you were writing for a respectable publication? Who knows, maybe someone sees your site, reads it and gives you an opportunity to write about sports full time. I just think that if you're going to put as much effort as you do into your site, you might as well put a little more in and learn to be a better writer.

Suggesting a writing class isn't a "rip". If you feel that it is, you're even more thin skinned than even I thought. You write an article. The writing was poor. I suggested a class to learn how to be a better writer. That's hardly "ripping you for being alive".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sanchez is my second choice as Rookie of the Year, its a weak rookie class I think overall and the player I would have chosen is a holdout (Crabtree).

But I don't really see how a ROY could get that award under center for a team that ends 6-10. I guess if he came in when the team was like 0-6 maybe and ended with a 6-4 record himself. Personally I think a WR or RB on a team on a team that does well seems a more likely pick to me, or maybe even an offensive lineman. But anyway who knows!!

I'd agree its a weakish rookie class, especially on offense. Crabtree might still be a decent pick if he signs in time to play. (Unlikely I guess now).

BTW I was probably a bit harsh on the Chargers earlier, but I still don't buy Turner as a Superbowl winning head coach.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

That's actually exactly what I did.

You should really think about your statement. You have a site for which you post full-fledged articles offering opinions and in some cases factual reviews of sports teams / seasons. Why would you not want to approach it as if you were writing for a respectable publication? Who knows, maybe someone sees your site, reads it and gives you an opportunity to write about sports full time. I just think that if you're going to put as much effort as you do into your site, you might as well put a little more in and learn to be a better writer.

Suggesting a writing class isn't a "rip". If you feel that it is, you're even more thin skinned than even I thought. You write an article. The writing was poor. I suggested a class to learn how to be a better writer. That's hardly "ripping you for being alive".

I have been working on fixing things and its gotten better but you dont see that all you see is whats wrong and you never even consider its improved.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I have been working on fixing things and its gotten better but you dont see that all you see is whats wrong and you never even consider its improved.

Not to pile on, but this one sentence is proving BBTV's point. It's chock full of grammatical mistakes, such as a lack of apostrophies and commas. Hell, it's a run-on sentence.

He's not asking you to make wholesale changes.....but rather, just taking an extra few seconds to collect your thoughts and present them to where it's not so painful to read. There's no need to speed your way through things.....

Well its not perfect I just want to get the info out there, and if you dont want to read my summaries enjoy the pic page. Just find another spot on the web with that much info in one place.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Archived