Mom: LeBron's staying in Cleveland

PittsburghSucks

For what it's worth.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/118233-mom-lebrons-staying-in-cleveland?eref=fromSI

Knick fans who are counting on LeBron James to join the hapless team after his contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers expires next year had better have a Plan B. The hoops star's mother, Gloria, told Page Six it's not happening. "He's a hometown boy," she said. LeBron grew up in Akron, Ohio, but his home now is Cleveland.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I think this Lebron story is interesting. Lots of times a player says 'nope never moving' and then moves. That being said I think it would be better for Lebron to stay in Cleveland. But the Knicks would be tempting for a guy with an idea of the history of the game. So I wouldn't say there is no chance of it happening.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

It's not worth a damn thing...if that much.

I wasn't say it was.

You opened your original post with "For what it's worth." I was merely letting you know what it was worth. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Interesting... but I can't imagine what his mom says holds any more water than any other report from anybody else. In the end, it comes down to what LeBron decides to do. I'm sure Walsh has a Plan A, B, C, D all the way through the alphabet - it would just be poor team management to put all your eggs in one basket. That was a trait of Isiah Thomas, not Donnie Walsh. As far as "hapless," I don't know... the Cavaliers, sans LeBron, aren't infinitely more talented. Shaq is essentially in the last year of his career (even if he returns again, to whatever team, he just doesn't command the same attention as he once did). Anderson Verajao's contract is ridiculous (a very Isiah Thomas-esque signing). Mo Williams, Jamario Moon, Anthony Parker, Leon Powe, Delonte West, Boobie Gibson (out of the rotation), Big Z... I mean, minus Mo, this is a team comprised entirely of role players. And based on the way Mo Williams performed by the end of their playoff run, I think he'd be better served playing the no.3 role. Now, this is not to say the Knicks are a better team. I'd kill to have a guy like Mo Williams or even a couple of their role players. But the talent drop off certainly is not as steep as most people would think.

That said, I fully expect LeBron to remain in Cleveland... in fact, I don't expect LeBron, Wade or Bosh to come here.

Along the same lines, here's something from Frank Isola's blog (Knicks beat writer for the Daily News): "...the latest LeBron to the Knicks rumor I?ve heard is that Cablevision -which owns the Knicks but not the Daily News - will circumvent thesalary cap by giving LeBron his own channel. I don't know exactly howthat will work but that's what I've heard."

You gotta admit, having your own television channel is an incredibly enticing prospect for someone so in-tune with his own marketing and brand recognition. Michael Jordan never had his own channel. A "KJTV - King James Television" channel would be remarkable. Channel 23. All LeBron, all the time. Turn his Nike puppet into it's own kids show, finally make "LeBrontourage" a reality instead of a funny sketch from the ESPYs.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I wouldn't be THAT quick to doubt the impact of his mothers statement. If she was just predicting, then it's worthless. If she's instructing... well that might hold some water. Never underestimate the influence of a mother.

It's still gonna be up to LeBron, but mothers' opinions can be awfully swaying...

Along the same lines, here's something from Frank Isola's blog (Knicks beat writer for the Daily News): "...the latest LeBron to the Knicks rumor I’ve heard is that Cablevision -which owns the Knicks but not the Daily News - will circumvent thesalary cap by giving LeBron his own channel. I don't know exactly howthat will work but that's what I've heard."

You gotta admit, having your own television channel is an incredibly enticing prospect for someone so in-tune with his own marketing and brand recognition. Michael Jordan never had his own channel. A "KJTV - King James Television" channel would be remarkable. Channel 23. All LeBron, all the time. Turn his Nike puppet into it's own kids show, finally make "LeBrontourage" a reality instead of a funny sketch from the ESPYs.

I'm done. Wow. WOW. :lol:

Since we're talking about a player's mama's comments, nothing will ever top Ann Iverson's infamous, "Did Tawana tell you that?" That :censored: is classic.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

"Hometown Boy" loves the Yankees though

And the Dallas Cowboys.

Talk about a frontrunner! I'll bet he also grew up rooting for the rival Chicago Bulls.

He did.

Well, at least LeBron limits it to one team per sport, Bucfan.

6uXNWAo.png

Interesting... but I can't imagine what his mom says holds any more water than any other report from anybody else. In the end, it comes down to what LeBron decides to do. I'm sure Walsh has a Plan A, B, C, D all the way through the alphabet - it would just be poor team management to put all your eggs in one basket. That was a trait of Isiah Thomas, not Donnie Walsh. As far as "hapless," I don't know... the Cavaliers, sans LeBron, aren't infinitely more talented. Shaq is essentially in the last year of his career (even if he returns again, to whatever team, he just doesn't command the same attention as he once did). Anderson Verajao's contract is ridiculous (a very Isiah Thomas-esque signing). Mo Williams, Jamario Moon, Anthony Parker, Leon Powe, Delonte West, Boobie Gibson (out of the rotation), Big Z... I mean, minus Mo, this is a team comprised entirely of role players. And based on the way Mo Williams performed by the end of their playoff run, I think he'd be better served playing the no.3 role. Now, this is not to say the Knicks are a better team. I'd kill to have a guy like Mo Williams or even a couple of their role players. But the talent drop off certainly is not as steep as most people would think.

In the Cavs defense, IMO he was the only reason we were even competitive in the ECF. There's a price on a guy that gives 110% every time he's on the floor... even if he can't make a free throw.

6fQjS3M.png

In the Cavs defense, IMO he was the only reason we were even competitive in the ECF. There's a price on a guy that gives 110% every time he's on the floor... even if he can't make a free throw.

Oh I'm not denying his effectiveness on the court. The guy is a gamer, makes the hustle plays, infuses energy, rebounds, and so on. But six years, $50 million? Really? That's a bit much to lockup a guy who, despite his effectiveness, really isn't a special player. Hustle/energy guys that defend and rebound are never scarce. I doubt anybody else would've offered Verejao that kind of contract, so it seems as though Cleveland had no incentive to go that far. Keep the guy, but be smarter. The only smart decision is that he doesn't really affect the cap this coming season since he's only making around $7 million for the year.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I wouldn't be THAT quick to doubt the impact of his mothers statement. If she was just predicting, then it's worthless. If she's instructing... well that might hold some water. Never underestimate the influence of a mother.

It's still gonna be up to LeBron, but mothers' opinions can be awfully swaying...

Wasn't it LeBron that was telling his mother to "Shut up!" while he was involved in something behind the net? Or am I thinking of somebody else?

Archived