2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope the Panthers go all out in putting on a comedy of errors all season long. First David Booth got absolutely pancaked for admiring his pass, now Tomas Vokoun gets whacked in the head by his teammate for giving up a goal. Do the Panthers have a mascot? I think it's time for a Mascot Mishap.

It really looked like a Three Stooges bit, with Moe Howard saying "Way to let the puck go in, Chowderhead!" and beating him with a stick. Except, Curly wasn't able to get right back up and say "Nyuk nyuk nyuk"....

That Ballard/Vokoun incident is one of the most bizzare things I've ever seen...

Even tops the Zednik incident?

Yes. One was completely an accident. Another, while unintentional, wasn't an accident as Ballard had the INTENT of swinging his stick viciously. While hitting Vokoun was an accident, the act was premeditated. That's a major difference.

Zednik or Malarchuk or other freak injuries aren't so much bizarre as they are just gruesome accidents...this is a different beast (even though once again, it was accidental in striking Vokoun, the ACT was no accident in and of itself because Ballard INTENDED to swing his stick in anger). Does that make sense?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Yeah, that makes sense. Ballard's an idiot. They should send him home (I'm sure endangering a teammate is a reasonable justification for suspension) and try to fill his roster spot with someone who can provide equivalent production (1G/7A/+1) without being an undisciplined schmuck that risks concussing his goaltender. It's not the injury to Vokoun that gets me so much as the egregious mental lapse of swinging your stick around like a pouting five-year-old in proximity of another person.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I HATE THIS!!!

lets recap....hawks comeback 5 goals to beat the flames.......on VS.

blackhawks pull off a great win in a long shootout in their new third jerseys.......on VS.

why cant you just let me see the good games, directv?

ugh

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

That Ballard/Vokoun incident is one of the most bizzare things I've ever seen...

Even tops the Zednik incident?

Yes. One was completely an accident. Another, while unintentional, wasn't an accident as Ballard had the INTENT of swinging his stick viciously. While hitting Vokoun was an accident, the act was premeditated. That's a major difference.

Zednik or Malarchuk or other freak injuries aren't so much bizarre as they are just gruesome accidents...this is a different beast (even though once again, it was accidental in striking Vokoun, the ACT was no accident in and of itself because Ballard INTENDED to swing his stick in anger). Does that make sense?

It sure does.

Corey Perry extended his point streak to 19 games with a goal and an assist last night in the Ducks' 4-3 loss to the Kings. (one of the more entertaining and frustrating games I've been to.)

Perry's streak is the Ducks record and is the longest since Crosby had a 19-gamer in 2007. The last player with a 20-game point streak was Paul Stasny in 2007.

Perry also tied a Ducks record with a 10-game assist streak. Getzlaf set that record earlier this season.

Ducks also acquire Kyle Chipchura from Montreal for a 4th round pick...

I see this as just a stopgap until Ryan Carter and Kyle Calder are healthy. Just reading about him he is just very meh to me. It seems like we have a bunch of guys like him already, or young players in the minors that could do what he does just as well. idk.

Any Habs fans want to give me a scouting report?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Knock. Knock.

Who's there?

Kane, Toews, Hossa, and Duncan Keith....we'll be here for a while!

BOOM!

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I'd love to have Duncan Keith he's a great player and very underrated when it comes to talking about Defensemen, but his he actually worth that long of a deal and I doubt he'll even play out the 13 years in Chicago.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This is a smart move by the Hawks, i'd much rather lock up a defenseman long term than a forward. Good young defensemen are hard to find, when you find a potential franchise all around defenseman that will win Norris Trophies in his future, you dont let that go...at least for 13 years.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'd love to have Duncan Keith he's a great player and very underrated when it comes to talking about Defensemen, but his he actually worth that long of a deal and I doubt he'll even play out the 13 years in Chicago.

Yes, he HIS worth it! Like Don said, if you can lock down someone who projects to be a perennial Norris candidate, you lock him down. This is only his fifth season in the league. He could go another thirteen.

I hope they can lock up Brent Seabrook too. What a solid #2 defenseman he is.

Knock. Knock.

Who's there?

Kane, Toews, Hossa, and Duncan Keith....we'll be here for a while!

BOOM!

And they'll be the only ones there in a while :P

Can't ignore Huet, Hossa and Campbell! Now they have a goalie, first D-pair and a first line. Apart from that... um...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

They have a deep farm system so that they can replace their roleplayers? It's not as if they can't afford to say goodbye to a Cam Barker or an Andrew Ladd. There's talent in the wings. Ascertaining that your best players aren't going anywhere isn't poor management, but keep lobbing those stones from the glasshouse on Lake Ontario.

Archived