NHL Coyotes Pants Question

twi

Does anyone ever remember the Phoenix Coyotes haivng a green set of pants to match their third jersey of their old uniform set? I don't remember ever seeing them but I have come across a hockey card depicting Mike Johnson in the third jersey and he clearly has green pants on. I assume the picture is from the 2002-03 season, those are the latest stats on the card. Cards from the prior season clearly show black pants. Anybody know anything more about this?

After some photo examination, I believe there *may* also have been two pairs of alternate socks, coinciding with the alleged pant change. A pair with black tops in 2001-02 and a pair with green tops in 2002-03.

NHL Uniforms just has the black pants and green socks listed as having ever been worn.

Any thoughts? I will get some scans of the cards shortly.

scan0001.jpg

First card is Langkow and has black pants/socks. 2001-02

Second is Gratton and has black pants and green socks. May be hard to tell from the scan but the real card is clear. 2002-03

Third is Johnson, green pants/socks. 2002-03

I don't know, Mockba. I own and wear some crazy :censored: , but that Coyotes third is someplace even I won't go.

(proud owner of an original black Coyotes jersey)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't know, Mockba. I own and wear some crazy censored.gif , but that Coyotes third is someplace even I won't go.

I loved that jersey:

PhoenixCoyotes_AUN_1999-2003.png

I actually bought one...kept it for like a day (never wore it)...and returned it due to financial reasons (and after answering the question - "do you really NEED this?")

I actually bought one...kept it for like a day (never wore it)...and returned it due to financial reasons (and after answering the question - "do you really NEED this?")

You know, if I ever asked myself that question, the future wife and I would have a hell of a lot more closet space.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I own one of these.

Sodboy13 - your future wife will soon find some "closet space" for your jerseys, as mine did when we got married. With the exception of my Rangers jerseys (about 12) the closet for the rest (about 30) is a box which housed the ridiculous pot set we have. I am allowed to "borrow" this box for the time being.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Eh, mine are already stored in a couple of big plastic storage sets. If those got moved out of the closet and into our storage room, I'd have no complaints.

a box which housed the ridiculous pot set we have

Canadian attitudes toward drugs sure sre different, aren't they?

I wonder why they would change the picture for the card?

Proud owner of the desert jersey. :hockeysmiley:

Looking at the card and the same picture that was posted, it looks like there was no color adjustment correction of the scanned card. Also it looks like the card may have see sun and faded or that when the card was produce that the picture was overexposed and no one corrected it and that it probably the culprit.

A) That was and still is my favorite Coyotes jersey. I own two.

B) The black pants blend better with the black of the mountains; I think green pants would be overkill.

C) That jersey always gives me fond memories of this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5a/Saved_By_the_Bell_Title_Card.jpg/240px-Saved_By_the_Bell_Title_Card.jpg

I can't believe the jersey reminds you of "Save by the bell."

At least Screech didn't play for the Coyotes. :)

I wonder why they would change the picture for the card?

Proud owner of the desert jersey. :hockeysmiley:

Looking at the card and the same picture that was posted, it looks like there was no color adjustment correction of the scanned card. Also it looks like the card may have see sun and faded or that when the card was produce that the picture was overexposed and no one corrected it and that it probably the culprit.

The colors of the scan match the card exactly. I scanned it myself, there is no fading or anything on the card. Interesting switch somebody pulled.

Perhaps I'll put it with my Khabibulin card that says he was born in Brantford, Ontario and has 100 goals and 100 assists one year. :shocked:

I don't know, Mockba. I own and wear some crazy censored.gif , but that Coyotes third is someplace even I won't go.

I loved that jersey:

PhoenixCoyotes_AUN_1999-2003.png

I own this but it is probably too small now....but has there been many more crazy jerseys, besides the old Tampa Bay alt? I mean, its a little over the top, but you gotta give the designers some credit for all of the jerseys of the Coyotes tribal era, they were not afraid to try something different. I think I want to buy one of these jerseys off eBay now. Good memories.

Archived