Illini in Orange pants today.

Candyc0ded

Illinois is wearing orange pants on the road. If I am correct, this year they are busting out these pants for the first time ever with this set. Is this right? I can't recall them wearing it before. BTW it looks real sharp. I love their set now that they have brought out the orange and blue pants like the olden days. Now we can only hope for the classic orange/blue/orange look soon.

Yeah, they wore them once in 2007 against Iowa. They lost a game they should have won, and haven't worn them since. We can hope it wasn't a superstition thing, because I'll be darned if they haven't lost a whole lot of other games they shouldn't have in the regular stuff.

This is easily their best look, IMO. Orange pants and orange helmet is Illini football to me. I'd like to see the orange pants with the blue jersey sometime, but the side piping wouldn't matchup (that doesn't stop them with the white pants, though).

Saw a few minutes of this game, and thought Purdue was playing Syracuse. I'm not really a big college football fan mind you, but I associate orange-white-orange with Syracuse. I agree that Illinois looks best a home in orange-navy-orange, but maybe the road should be orange-white-navy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived