San Diego Clippers *UPDATE*

RichNCreamy

Well, the NBA is back and not a moment too soon! The return of the league had me looking back at some old concepts, and upon seeing my Clippers logo I decided to clean it up a bit. Also added a secondary, uniforms, and court design.

For reference here is what I started with...

ClipperShip.png

And here's the new look...

NewClippersDisplaycopy.jpg

oh my...this is fantastic.

something about the colors is throwing me a bit, but i cant put my finger on it. also, i think it needs an "SD" tertiary logo maybe somehow utilizing a compass rose. fabulous start though, this is close to glory.

ps: maybe add "San Diego" somewhere in the primary?

yes. salmon is an underrated color

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

There is a lot to like about this concept, well done. Just not sure how its necesarily a San Diego Clippers concept? Why not keep it as LA in this concept? Small thing, why is the script on the home still in white? Yes its shadowed in the blue and orange, but I'd prefer the actual script to be in a color.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

A vast improvement; just goes to show how especially important type choice is. The colors are unique and work very well together. The wave highlights also work wonders. I really think you can improve this by dotting the I in "Clippers" with either a compass rose or a ship's steering wheel, which would also set you up nicely for a tertiary logo.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Thanks to everyone for the feedback! I took some of your advice and included an 'SD' tertiary and altered the primary to include 'San Diego' to give the identity some city ownership. Also took dgnmrwrw's advice and dotted the 'i' with a compass rose. I think these small touches have really given the whole thing a more completed look.

NewClippersDisplay2.jpg

*EDIT* Also, imagine that the wordmark on center-court and on the jerseys includes the new 'i' embelishment. Forgot to add that :hockeysmiley:

Small thing, why is the script on the home still in white? Yes its shadowed in the blue and orange, but I'd prefer the actual script to be in a color.

I took my cue from the new Kings' home uniform. I might be in the minority here, but I think their white script outlined in color on a white jersey looks damn sharp. So I thought I'd try it here. Just personal preference I guess...

I actually completely agreed with using the white wordmark on the white jersey. I thought it looked great, and I was even going to suggest you try something similar on the blue jersey (blue on blue). But the new one looks ok too. The added and updated logos look nice as well. Good job on this.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I really like this whole concept a lot, wouldnt mind seeing the Clippers go to this. Might as well go to San Diego anyway and get a fanbase going lol.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

these look fantastic. my only gripe is the color. I've just getting tired of seeing orange and navy. With charlotte,okc, golden st., all having the same color. I think it would look fantastic to go back to the red and blue or try a color combo we don't see in the nba

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

^So you're saying orange and blue is oversused, and blue and red would be more unique? I'm not understanding this.

This shade of orange with navy works very well IMO. Love the wordmark!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived