DC United to get a new uni?

rvrdgsfn

http://www.mls-rumors.net/4892/2009/12/photo-2010-dc-united-jerseys-leaked/

I found this on the following website...

The pic is on DCU?s website advertising the beginning of the Academy?s season ? could these be the new jerseys that are due to be revealed in Feb?

Looks like they have listened to many of their fans and brought back the three stripes. Some who are superstitious might has associated the lack of the three stripes on the 08-09 jersey?s as having something to do with capital club?s results.

academy640.jpg

Thoughts?

baltimoreravens.png

http://www.mls-rumors.net/4892/2009/12/photo-2010-dc-united-jerseys-leaked/

I found this on the following website...

The pic is on DCU?s website advertising the beginning of the Academy?s season ? could these be the new jerseys that are due to be revealed in Feb?

Looks like they have listened to many of their fans and brought back the three stripes. Some who are superstitious might has associated the lack of the three stripes on the 08-09 jersey?s as having something to do with capital club?s results.

academy640.jpg

Thoughts?

Those look like DC's versions of the Adidas Tiro template from 2008-09, which is usually worn as training attire (all the shirts in DC's picture are long-sleeve if you notice). As their current kits are about two years old, I wouldn't imagine the United switching to this design for the upcoming 2010 season. The Philadelphia Union will be sporting a kit design similar to this and MLS teams typically wear the same template with their team colors, so I'd imagine DC's jerseys next year will be based off of that design.

The Philadelphia Union will be sporting a kit design similar to this and MLS teams typically wear the same template with their team colors, so I'd imagine DC's jerseys next year will be based off of that design.

Usually there are a few different templates in use. It's interesting that Houston and Seattle got relatively unique looks, though Houston's is obviously one of Adidas's current templates.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

academy640.jpg

Thoughts?

Those look like DC's versions of the Adidas Tiro template from 2008-09, which is usually worn as training attire (all the shirts in DC's picture are long-sleeve if you notice).

You're right - look at the sleeves. Those aren't jerseys, they're track jackets.

Is that a VW sponsorship?

Seems fitting, a team decked out in black, with a black eagle as their primary, getting in bed with VW....

Volkswagen's been the shirt sponsor for DC United since May of last year. It's not exactly a new revelation.

*shrug* I don't follow the team.

Archived