B.C. Lions Overhaul *Updated 9/12

Patchey13

I kind of got out of concepts lately, but for some reason, I felt the urge to draw tonight. I was looking through th e logo history for the B.C. Lions when I saw this logo.

http://www.sportslogos.net.com/~asgsport/images7/BC_Lions_60_2.jpg

I think it is a very good logo for its time, and even though it's 50 years old, it's better then many logos that are released today. I wanted to clean it up and bring it into the 21st century, so I came out with this.

lions_sketch.png

I wanted to do a simple update, similar to the Detroit Lions. Im pretty happy with how the body turned out but I know there can still be some improvements. Something about the head seems wrong though. It almost seems more surprised then angry. I'd love to get some constructive feedback on this, so C&C is always welcome.

I kind of got out of concepts lately, but for some reason, I felt the urge to draw tonight. I was looking through th e logo history for the B.C. Lions when I saw this logo.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=z0rtvepdg5n6ez2y5leog313a

I think it is a very good logo for its time, and even though it's 50 years old, it's better then many logos that are released today. I wanted to clean it up and bring it into the 21st century, so I came out with this.

lions_sketch.png

I wanted to do a simple update, similar to the Detroit Lions. Im pretty happy with how the body turned out but I know there can still be some improvements. Something about the head seems wrong though. It almost seems more surprised then angry. I'd love to get some constructive feedback on this, so C&C is always welcome.

Link didn't work so I fixed it. B)

Wow I love it. The head could use some work (not sure what) but way better than what I can do. Still looks good. Love he body. It's obviously not a logo for a helmet but a good primary still. I like it a lot. Nice job!

Needs whiskers as it looks a bit too much like a dog, IMO. Also more feline-looking eyes would be a subtle but major improvement. Its eyes are too circular to resemble that of a typical feline's.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Heres an update.

lions_sketch2.png

Puuuuur-fect (lame, I know) Can't wait to see a colored final version of this thumbsup.gif

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Heres the update. I ended up shortening the left paw instead, as i found it looked better. I also tried adding a white patch of fur on the stomach to try to break up all the colour... or at least what WOULD be colour when it is finished. I cant seem to get it right though, any suggestions

lions_sketch3.png

Archived