Wizards of Oz: Duel in the Locker

NJTank

I've always kind of had the feeling that while Gilbert Arenas is an amazing basketball player, he doesn't really like playing it as much as is required to be an NBA player.

I don't get this. How is it different than almost any other job? I don't love working on legal and complaince software solutions, but it's my job so I do it (and do it well IMO.) These guys are gifted athletes. That doesn't always mean that they like playing sports, but they can get paid for it, so they do. Yes, passion helps, but isn't required.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, Vet, but I think the party line is supposed to be, "butt dey git payed millyinz 2 play gaymz dat wii wud play 4 nuthin...dey haff 2 luv it cuz dey git payed mor munny then wii doez!!!!1111" Or something like that.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I have an idea...

Make his suspention for the remainder of the regular season and postseason should the Wizards reach the postseason (This is the East, remember. Outside of Boston, Cleveland, Orlando and possibly Atlanta there isn't much that seperates the other teams). During this time, Gilbert should have to take a manditory Gun Safety class because all of this started because he improperly stored his weapons in his locker at his worksite.

Should he fail the class, he'll redo it until he passes the class.

I have an idea...

Make his suspention for the remainder of the regular season and postseason should the Wizards reach the postseason (This is the East, remember. Outside of Boston, Cleveland, Orlando and possibly Atlanta there isn't much that seperates the other teams). During this time, Gilbert should have to take a manditory Gun Safety class because all of this started because he improperly stored his weapons in his locker at his worksite.

Should he fail the class, he'll redo it until he passes the class.

Lets not, lets make him be subject to the same gun laws that all other citizens of Washington DC have to abide by.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I've always kind of had the feeling that while Gilbert Arenas is an amazing basketball player, he doesn't really like playing it as much as is required to be an NBA player.

I don't get this. How is it different than almost any other job? I don't love working on legal and complaince software solutions, but it's my job so I do it (and do it well IMO.) These guys are gifted athletes. That doesn't always mean that they like playing sports, but they can get paid for it, so they do. Yes, passion helps, but isn't required.

True, but you probably can't afford to leave your job. Neither can I. Doesn't matter if we really want to go to work every day, because we have families and responsibilities that require us to do so. Arenas has been paid enough money to step aside from basketball and never work again.

That changes everything. Maybe it shouldn't, but it does.

You'd think that, but that presumes that NBA superstars are smart with their money and don't let it leak out to conspicuous consumption, hangers-on, whores, and the like.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

We haven't heard anything about the other guy. It's like the NBA star system in reverse.

His house was searched by the Feds yesterday in an effort to find the gun that he supposedly flashed at Arenas. Surprise surprise, they didnt find it.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Plax is lucky - he got off lightly. Far from getting any heavy-handed treatment because of his celebrity, the DA offered him a way of escaping the mandatory minimum sentence at trial.

I hope that Arenas gets the same treatment - whatever standard deal they offer the regular criminal scumbags, they offer to the famous criminal scumbag.

Prosecutor recommended 6 months, Judge went out of his way to tell Gil he could still sentence him to 5 years, so who knows.

Gut feeling, yes. Theyve eliminated all facets of him, including advertisements, banners, and jerseys from the team store. You cant buy an Arenas jersey online without it being deemed "profane and inappropriate language" yeah Im thinking hes done.

Archived