Bills Logo Redesign - an appeal

Nick in England

I have lurked with interest for some time and dabbled (disastrously) with my own Bills logo concept once. For years now I have watched people try and fail to recreate a unique new Buffalo Bills logo that I can really identify with.

Where I start:

I've been a Bills fan for 20 years. But their current uniform is all wrong. Their alternate uniform in (mostly) all right. The throwback look captures everything I love in a football uniform (simplicity, stripes, block color, etc). Their current primary logo doesn't really sit well with their throwback, but the standing red buffalo feels dated - precisely too throwback.

Where I come up short:

I cant draw. I can really come up with stuff in photoshop or illustrator from scratch beyond very basic shapes.

Where I am now:

I threw a few little ideas and bits and pieces of inspiration? onto a board and chuck it up here for you guys to consider. If you have talent and can draw/make logos etc - take my artboard and have a go at a new Bills logo.

4251693867_9278e2ce61_o.png

4226186501_9e0cccf054_t.jpg

Please please please expand on the actual "Buffalo Bill Cody" design in the lower left! I've been dying for someone to do that. If you put it on a metallic blue helmet, I'll be your best friend.

I'd do it my delf, but I still suck eggs with PS & Illustrator.

Good Looks though!

i like the idea of the bottom left logo. did you come up with that? if its actually yours, id be happy to help and expand on it with you. COuld be a fun project for me.

It's not mine - it's there as an inspiration for a new Bills logo. It's too messy for an NFL logo. Think it was designed for a Texas college team.

One problem I have is the fact that Buffalo Bill Cody was born in Iowa and lived mostly in the West. It really has nothing to do with Western New York.

However buffalo did rome all over America way back when...

I like the logo for the UK fan club. Very nicely done!

• 2 weeks later...

One problem I have is the fact that Buffalo Bill Cody was born in Iowa and lived mostly in the West. It really has nothing to do with Western New York.

However buffalo did rome all over America way back when...

I like the logo for the UK fan club. Very nicely done!

I'm not sold on the Bill Cody idea either... Been really unimpressed by the response here... i know Buffalo is a hard logo to crack, but i never really thought it would be this hard!

Thanks for the UKBBB props!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sold on the Bill Cody idea either... Been really unimpressed by the response here... i know Buffalo is a hard logo to crack, but i never really thought it would be this hard!

Thanks for the UKBBB props!

Coming from someone who hasn't offered their own rendition because they 'can't draw'. I don't know what you expected, but this isn't usually how the concepts board works.

Sorry if I took what you said the wrong way, but your phrasing came across as being extremely rude

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Archived