South Suburban Conference Logo

The Fixer

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this one is much better in the sense that its not just a circle with a state. that being said, i think it still needs some work. so im just going to say every little detail that i notice so in hopes that you can win this competition. the black outline on the words South Suburban Conference is covering the very bottom of the SSC letters. That shouldnt be so move them down slighly or just move it to the back of the layers. thos same words are hard to read as there doesnt even appear to be gaps on the E's. R's, P's, etc...I like the idea of the north star, but it doesnt really look like a star here. its too skewed. i like the idea of having like that just not so extreme. also the many little stars almost look more like asterics than stars. also, the trees look very nice with straight simple lines but the lines on the minnesota boudary are very detailed. i know thats including every litle detail in the states accurate shape, but you could simplify it to make it match the straight line simplicity of the nice looking trees. last thing, the entire logo seems very heavy to the left with the state there. maybe try making the big star balance it out on the right more. It is improving overall though.

Not trying to over step any boundaries, but after looking at your previous designs and some of the critiques, the following came to mind. I created a quick mock-up because it was hard to put in words. Basically, Minnesota outline with the trees and Minneapolis skyline for the suburbian feel. I went with a SSC instead of writing out the whole thing for reproducibility. Finally, added 10 stars in the sky for the 10 schools. I'm mixed on the stars because they are on the map, but obviously not where the schools are located (im assuming not even close). Just an idea, feel free to take any parts of it if you wish.

-dw

ssc.png

ssc23.png

up to it again

I tried to put the stars over head in a circle. but it didnt work out so i put them on the bottom, and not i think I TOTALLY ripped of the big 10 network logo. This is way too similar so i wont go with it in the end but im getting closer i think

Also, I'm not really sure what to actually send the person. I'm kind of confused haha. Its not very clear.

http://www.rschooltoday.com/school1/images/files/ssclogocompetition.pdf

So

1.We are seeking a logo that can be printed in black only as well as black and two (2) or

three (3) additional colors. Must be clean, easy to read and reproducible.

I think i could provide another version with a more simplified version.

2. These Contrast

Conference name is: South Suburban Conference. This name must appear in or with the logo.

and The entry must have one (1) logo with conference name embedded in the logo, and one (1) without.

so would 1 be the big one I have directly ahead, and another be the smaller one with JUST the SSC?

3. and then:

All art work must be submitted electronically via email using a jpg (max. 2mb per submission).

? All artwork must be submitted both in black on white, and black and two/three additional ink colors

and Each email is one (1) entry. Include a print copy of the design as

an attachment within the email.

so how many files do i send. A few different, or all together in one document. and how many individual logos? haha not very clear

I like the navy, silver and white one from post #32 the best. I'd stay away from the Minnesota outline though. That would be like a college conference using the outline of the entire U.S. Besides, the Minneapolis skyline in the background says enough about where the schools are located.

personally, i think its way too busy, and a little sloppy. the rounded edges on the outlines of non-rounded letters doesnt look very good to me.

Just look at any major conference's logo. the good ones are simple.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

my original thought with the first logo was:

take away the inner circle

I do like the state w/ the block ssc in it

lose the "olive branch" design at bottom of circle

increase the size of the south subaurban confrence... put south suburban around top of cirlce, then conference below where the olive branch thing was.

champs.png

Archived