Think they will...?

Swampee

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, they sold those for the Phillies last year too. Was different than the real patch that they wore, and also had the stupid "champions" text.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would think a patch would make more sense, especially if the proclamation is a mandatory thing. Not ever logo/color scheme would lend itself to a gold trim, whereas you can slap a patch on any jersey. (Plus, the MLB would have an easier time selling patches over gold trim.)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking patch, except for the leafs on the bottom. They can't be part of the banner, they're just there, I guess to give the circle a base?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nice looking patch, except for the leafs on the bottom. They can't be part of the banner, they're just there, I guess to give the circle a base?

It looks like they're part of the banner to me, but the gold outline around the entire patch makes that less obvious than it might otherwise be. Also, if the dark parts around the MLB logo were a continuation of the circle, wouldn't they also be trimmed in white?

It looks like they're part of the banner to me, but the gold outline around the entire patch makes that less obvious than it might otherwise be. Also, if the dark parts around the MLB logo were a continuation of the circle, wouldn't they also be trimmed in white?

Maybe they're supposed to be part of the banner, but I'm not sure you could possibly actully fold a banner to make it look like that. This has been an issue with a couple of other logos lately, like the one that Joe B. did for that team with the old-english D (can't remember the name.)

Disagree. I think more people would buy a jersey that they could just put on and wear, vs a patch that they'd either have to have sewn on to one of their existing jerseys, or go and buy a new jersey to put it on.

I don't think the patches and jerseys are competing in the marketplace, any more than a jersey competes against a shot glass.

I doubt that a majority of the people who buy the patches do so to sew on to clothing - jerseys are apparel, patches are collectibles.

And let's not forget they put that heavy plastic backing on the patches to discourage them being sewed onto...anything. (Not that people don't do it anyway! :rolleyes: )

Archived