AIFA Erie RiverRats renamed Erie Storm

CoasterLine

The Erie team retained the RiverRats name after their move from Pittsburgh right before the 2008 season, but after some ownership changes in the offseason, they wanted to rebrand themselves.

Supposedly users could vote on the new name of the football team, deciding between Erie Storm, Erie Blizzard, Erie Pulse, or Erie Punishers. Poll closed on January 12th, and the new name announcement was today, with logos and all. Hard to believe in under 2 days they can have a logo created, and printed decals and shirts made completely, but I digress...

Thus, after a voting process, Erie Storm was chosen...

Here is the new logo.

27530517E.jpg

27530518E.jpg

Story: Link

So, what are you thoughts?

Good: I like the usage of the Bicentennial Tower, an Erie landmark.

Bad: Color choice would not be my first pick, and the logo seems awkwardly skewed. Font has a weird rotation, and Erie is far too small.

Another annoyance is the use of the full logo, rather than just a feature or part of the main logo, on the helmet itself.

Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer, Founder
Epic Web Studios LLC.

The football underneath seems thrown in. If you removed it, the logo would probably look better. It wouldn't say "we're a football team", but it'd still be a good logo.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Lots of inspiration from the Blue Bombers with the football element. Overall, decent looking logo. I do feel however the elements aren't balanced very well. As already pointed out the ball looks thrown in, the "ERIE" text is too small, and the clouds/lightning has simple detail while the tower is very detailed. Just looks unbalanced, and as for the quick turnover, i'm sure they had logos designed for all the names, beforehand...

Also, someone throw this into the Sports Logos forum, since it's not a concept...

Ok well I'm from Erie and I hate this logo. I mean it is better than the RiverRats, but still no where near as good as the Erie Otters or Erie Bayhawks logos. The thing that angers me the most is the color scheme. When I think black and yellow I think steelers.

Ok well I'm from Erie and I hate this logo. I mean it is better than the RiverRats, but still no where near as good as the Erie Otters or Erie Bayhawks logos. The thing that angers me the most is the color scheme. When I think black and yellow I think steelers.

That's probably what they were going for.

I agree with what was said about the ball being thrown in. It's a strong enough logo to stand without it.

I'd say this is one of the best logos in the aifa in the sense that it looks like it was at least done in a design program by someone with some idea as to what a good logo looks like. most this leagues logos are beyond aweful. has anyone see the new arctic predators "logo"? theyre going to play in alaska so i dont know how a team that cant even afford to pay for a decent logo or have a marketing team with any brains is going to afford its travel expenses from alaska..

I'd say this is one of the best logos in the aifa in the sense that it looks like it was at least done in a design program by someone with some idea as to what a good logo looks like. most this leagues logos are beyond aweful. has anyone see the new arctic predators "logo"? theyre going to play in alaska so i dont know how a team that cant even afford to pay for a decent logo or have a marketing team with any brains is going to afford its travel expenses from alaska..

I saw that today! its awful...I would seriously make the Alaska team a logo for free if they would be willing to get rid of the one they had! haha and I have connections with some people with the Erie team and knew they were thinking about a new logo and nickname, I almost sent them some stuff...now I really wish I would have

Archived