Salmon Kings Pink Jersey night

kiwi_canadian

And I'm watching CFAX this morning and the hosts are both wearing them and man they are BRIGHT pink. It hurts the eyes.

Wait, CFAX is a radio station, how are you watching it?

Their morning show is broad casted on A Channel (Channel 12 in Victoria)every weekday morning from 6 until 9 or 10 in the morning.

Salmon Kings are doing the pink jersey thing for cancer research this Saturday. Now I'm all for the pink at the rink and raising money for research but this combo is just hard on the eyes. I know salmon are pink but this just does not look right.

SalmonKingsPinkJersey.jpg

I went on a boat tour in Vancouver and they told us that if the Salmon you eat is "too pink" that means it was farm raised. That said, maybe this jersey is soo pink to accurately reflect the fact that the players are being raised on the farm(team). :hockeysmiley:

R

P.S. - http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320474195524

Salmon Kings are doing the pink jersey thing for cancer research this Saturday. Now I'm all for the pink at the rink and raising money for research but this combo is just hard on the eyes. I know salmon are pink but this just does not look right.

I went on a boat tour in Vancouver and they told us that if the Salmon you eat is "too pink" that means it was farm raised. That said, maybe this jersey is soo pink to accurately reflect the fact that the players are being raised on the farm(team). :hockeysmiley:

R

Farm raised salmon is injected with something to make it's flesh look "salmon" coloured. Otherwise apparently it's flesh can be sort of grey.

Holy smokes!!! Whoa that pink jersey certainly is something on the eyes.. ack.....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

R

Farm raised salmon is injected with something to make it's flesh look "salmon" coloured. Otherwise apparently it's flesh can be sort of grey.

You are correct sir - salmon in the wild eat shrimp which is what gives them their pink coloring. Farm raised salmon are fed pellets because shrimp would cost more and we humans want that shrimp ourselves. They load those pellets up up with nutrients, growth hormones, etc, but also pink dye. If they didn't put the dye in, the fish would look grey and humans wouldn't want to eat it. Farm raised shrimp are also lazy, aggressive and mis-shapen; just a bye product of humans making the world better. The problem though is that they do like to escape which "taints" the wild fish. But I digress. On this jersey, the pink dye looks great!

Archived