Syracuse is doing something different tonight!

BupsJones

By outfitting these players in these "old school" sneakers, aren't they kind of saying that all the modern gimmicks in today's shoes are just... well, gimmicks? Those old shoes just have a flat sole with none of the wacky curves, air, gel, springs, treads, etc that all of today's shoes have.

compare:

2dqve3d.jpgvs nike-basketball-shoes1.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't think they ended up wearing these in warmups buttt

Nike gave away possibly the coolest stuff to the student section last night. The student section's name is "Otto's Army", so they gave away army helmets to the first 150 or so people and then to the first 200 or so they gave out these track jackets that exceed the quality of merchandise than any of the non-revenue athletes get for goodness sakes. I got the track jacket, and by god it's the coolest and best thing I've ever gotten for free for going to a game. I gotta take a pic of it after class today

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Once again I don't think the basketball team ended up wearing these warmups (thank god) and I've yet to see any merchandise like this at the bookstore (thank god). Now as for the track jacket the student section got

Photo2.jpg

I can definately see Nike using a variation of the Otto logo used, just with a full body and replace the army helmet with a hat. I think it's different enough from the angry Otto logo that's used and I think they can replace him with this one. And, you know, not use the one they used for the jackets, which looks like some post-apocolypse Otto of some sort.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived