Modernizing The Flyers

chickenfish13

Hey Guys. I had this idea awhile back, and finally got around to doing something. This is my first concept that was done all in Illustrator ( cardinals was half inkscape half illustrator ) , so I'm looking for some feedback.

So, first off, I feel that this might be a bit too close to dgnmrwrw's Flyers Rebrand. If anyone has any problems with that, feel free to say something.

So, the idea is that even though the flyers logo doesn't need a change, I wanted to try and make it more modern. I kind of gave the P a different angle to invoke movement, as well as using the italics / slashes / wings to do the same. The shadowing instead of outline on the "P" is something different, I wanted to try it instead of the same old outline. I'll need feedback on that as well.

So, let me know what you guys think, and thanks for checking it out.

flyersprimaryrebrand.png

I'm not really feeling this one man. It looks like a question mark without a dot to me and I can't see around that. Nothing about this really says Flyers either, there is nothing that suggests fly. There is definately motion, but no flying motion or flying props like feathers or something.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

i read the P, but it doesn't have enough ties to the original logo for me. I like the angle and forward movement, but this to me is too much like a corporate mark than a sports logo. I would really study the old flyers P and try and modernise and update it, rather than start from scratch. Replicate the elements that are there, then stylize. Make sense?

OD_Signature.jpg

It's not the worst thing I've ever seen.

It could kinda work as a Zepher X-Line logo, or something like that. Probably not as part of their regular graphics package. I think that the shadowing needs a little work, as it's not placed consistently - for example, on the "wing", it's down and to the right, but at the base of the p, it extends all the way to the left edge of the base, and is also to the right, so it's bigger than the actual base, and at a different angle than the wing shadow (if that makes any sense.)

Also, maybe try to make the wing more in the shape of one of the current wings - that could help.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm not really feeling this one man. It looks like a question mark without a dot to me and I can't see around that. Nothing about this really says Flyers either, there is nothing that suggests fly. There is definately motion, but no flying motion or flying props like feathers or something.

I didn't really notice the question mark until you brought it up. Now that is all I see ...

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

It's better, but at the same time, I agree with Patchey. This would make a better secondary. It's too simple to be a primary. If it were me, I'd go back, sketch out a few more ideas, and see if any of them resonate. You've progressed a lot since you started here, but this (if meant as a primary) feels like you're settling a little. Keep working at it.

I really havent intended this as a primary or secondary, its just a logo for the flyers, a logo that I used to try and modernize them.

The title of the thread tells us differently,

Primary Logo Concept

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Normally I don't comment on jersey designs, but this one is special. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Usually black jerseys are blah but I would think this would be a fitting third for the Flyers. It's in a different direction than anything the Flyers have ever worn and I think it would be cool if they donned something like this. I'm just not sure on the collar and numbers' color combo. Maybe thin the white outline on the numbers so the orange stands out more. I would like teams to get away from the retro midtorso Canadiensesque stripe but that's just like my opinion, man.

Great job.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Archived