MNFL- Minor League NFL

Hokie34

Hey guys! I'm starting up a new concept series called the MNFL-Minor League NFL. There have been a lot of expansion NFL's before, but I'm confident that we can make this one of the best yet! I'm going to set the league up into two conferences, East and West, each with 2 divisions of 4 teams. To do this league, I am going to need team name and color ideas, so get thinking!

MNFLLogo.png

\\\East///

Northern Division-

Southern Division- Orlando Hornets

\\\West///

Northern Division- Las Vegas Royales

Southern Division-

So far...

Orlando Hornets- East Conference, South Divison

temp.png?t=1278818900

VThokiesfan34.pngVThokiesfan34.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First and foremost, welcome to the boards! It's great to see more Virginians joining the community. I like this idea of a "minor league" system for the NFL and can't wait to see the final results. However, I must say the Hornet identity seems a bit bland. I the "H" logo you have doesn't remind me of bees, it reminds me of a construction zone. Maybe a more bee related theme will do the work? Also, the uniforms need a little more detail. I definitely think the 7 on the white jersey needs to be black with a gold outline. And the numbers on the home and alternate need at least a white outline. The wordmark could also use just a tad of re-working.

Now, you mentioned ideas for clubs. How about a club in Richmond? Maybe the Richmond Rapids? Colors could be Navy, Maroon, Blue, and Silver.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

First and foremost, welcome to the boards! It's great to see more Virginians joining the community. I like this idea of a "minor league" system for the NFL and can't wait to see the final results. However, I must say the Hornet identity seems a bit bland. I the "H" logo you have doesn't remind me of bees, it reminds me of a construction zone. Maybe a more bee related theme will do the work? Also, the uniforms need a little more detail. I definitely think the 7 on the white jersey needs to be black with a gold outline. And the numbers on the home and alternate need at least a white outline. The wordmark could also use just a tad of re-working.

Now, you mentioned ideas for clubs. How about a club in Richmond? Maybe the Richmond Rapids? Colors could be Navy, Maroon, Blue, and Silver.

I'm actually live in the West End of Richmond, and I definetly agree, we need a new hockey team. I had season tix for first and second Renegades, plus the RiverDogs.

For the Richmond team, I was thinking of using either Rhinos, Rapids, or something else

temp.png?t=1278818900

The San Antonio Toros were a Continental Football League team back in the 1960s and 70s. Their colors were red and black and they had uniforms similar to the BC Lions.

A team in Columbus, Ohio should be considered.

FsQiF2W.png

Here is the list of planned cities, along with team name ideas (I have logos for some names):

Albany Conquest

Akron, OH- (rams, shockers, bulldogs)

Anaheim, CA- (warriors, sharks)

Boston, MA- (wildcats, raiders)

Brooklyn, NY- (assasins, gladiators)

Columbus, OH (cougars, wardogs)

Florida Firecats

Honolulu, HI- (hurricanes)

Las Vegas Royales

Little Rock, AK- (grizzlies)

Los Angeles, CA- (riptide, breakers)

Macon Knights

Memphis, TN- (admirals, lightning)

Milwaukee, WI- (marauders, musketeers)

Norfolk, VA- (neptunes, nighthawks)

Orlando Hornets

Philadelphia, PA- (liberty bells)

Phoenix, AZ- (scorpions)

Portland Shockwave

Richmond, VA- (rifles, rhinos, rapids)

Rochester Brigade

Salt Lake City, UT- (sharks, cobras)

San Antonio, TX- (toros)

San Jose, CA- (slam)

Toronto Blizzard

Wichita Stealth

Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers

Winnipeg Bolts

WE NEED AT LEAST 2 NEW EXPANSION TEAMS PLEASE POST CITIES ALONG w/ TEAM NAMES. IT WOULD HELP ME OUT A LOT IF YOU GUYS ALSO MADE LOGOS FOR YOUR EXPANSION TEAMS AND EXISTING TEAMS. THANKS!

Some logos are edited versions of previous logos used by extinct teams, such as the Bolts, who were originally in Birmingham for the XFL. Also, there are classic teams, such as the Norfolk Neptunes and San Antonio Toros of the Continental Football League

temp.png?t=1278818900

Neither of those names you have for Anaheim fit very well, one that could work may be flames because the area has fire problems every september-october. Also a name referring to the air quality in some parts of the OC such as 'The Smog' or something of the like may work. And for the LA team, the colors shuld be dark blue or purple

Not too keen on Phoenix getting a team, you think about it, they already have the Cardinals. Prescott Valley or Flagstaff would be great locations as well as Yuma if you do go with an Arizona franchise.

Archived