conference realignments

I saw this today and I thought what would conferences look like if they realigned in ways that made geographical sense

I'll start with the ACC first:

Boston College should be dropped because the ACC should not stretch further north than Maryland. It's a southern to mid-atlantic conference. Period. And it really makes more sense if Boston College was in a league with the likes of Syracuse, UConn, etc. in the Big East.

South Carolina would replace Boston College. They were one of the original members of the ACC (1953-1971) until they left to join the SEC. They are Clemson's biggest rival and they'd be a natural rival with Florida State as well as others. Not only does their addition makes sense geographically, but their football team would also have a much better chance to compete in the ACC by leaving the SEC East powers (Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee) behind.

Atlantic Division: Clemson, Florida State, Maryland, North Carolina State, South Carolina (replacing Boston College), and Wake Forest

Coastal Division: Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, North Carolina, Virginia, and Virginia Tech

any thoughts?

I saw this today and I thought what would conferences look like if they realigned in ways that made geographical sense

I'll start with the ACC first:

Boston College should be dropped because the ACC should not stretch further north than Maryland. It's a southern to mid-atlantic conference. Period. And it really makes more sense if Boston College was in a league with the likes of Syracuse, UConn, etc. in the Big East.

South Carolina would replace Boston College. They were one of the original members of the ACC (1953-1971) until they left to join the SEC. They are Clemson's biggest rival and they'd be a natural rival with Florida State as well as others. Not only does their addition makes sense geographically, but their football team would also have a much better chance to compete in the ACC by leaving the SEC East powers (Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee) behind.

Atlantic Division: Clemson, Florida State, Maryland, North Carolina State, South Carolina (replacing Boston College), and Wake Forest

Coastal Division: Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, North Carolina, Virginia, and Virginia Tech

any thoughts?

Besides the fact that this type of thread is pretty much pointless? Not saying you don't have a good idea, but it's like beating a dead horse really.

unclerebus.jpg

que?

Stop. Reel. Line. Mints.

Stop. Reel. Line. Mints.

Now say it fast...stop reel line ments, stop reel line ments...

Ohhhh, stop realignments...I got it!!!!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

what's that? you want me to post some more ideas! :lol:

Take his water. Now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It just makes more sense for the Brewers to be in the American League Central with the Detroit Tigers, Chicago White Sox, Minnesota Twins and Cleveland Indians, all teams who's fans travel well.

C'mon. The Brewers benefit from the National League's two biggest road crowds right in their division. I've never known Tigers or Indians fans to be famously roadtrippy, and Sox fans sometimes have to be cattle-prodded into attending games at their own park. Then the person contradicts himself with

This "experiment" has failed. There are more Cubs fans in the stands than Brewers fans whenever they play each other.

So you want road fans who travel well, as long as they're not the Cubs fans who travel best of all? (wanking motion)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It just makes more sense for the Brewers to be in the American League Central with the Detroit Tigers, Chicago White Sox, Minnesota Twins and Cleveland Indians, all teams who's fans travel well.

C'mon. The Brewers benefit from the National League's two biggest road crowds right in their division. I've never known Tigers or Indians fans to be famously roadtrippy, and Sox fans sometimes have to be cattle-prodded into attending games at their own park. Then the person contradicts himself with

This "experiment" has failed. There are more Cubs fans in the stands than Brewers fans whenever they play each other.

So you want road fans who travel well, as long as they're not the Cubs fans who travel best of all? (wanking motion)

You forgot the clincher:

This move will even out ALL AL and NL DIVISIONS TO FIVE TEAMS EACH. It just makes sense for all involved.

Archived