Pittsburgh Penguins

chickenfish13

Hey Guys, its been awhile.

We were talking about penguins in class today, and I was bored so I decided to try and update the penguins look. I think the triangle penguin looks better than the skating penguin, and i just went from there. I tried to give it a different look, maybe a bit more modern. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

penguins.png

I agree with the above statement, but I really like this. It's obvious you stated you we're updating it, it's surely not 'Robo Pigeon' anymore. It actually makes me see the potential that the logo has. I love that your using yellow, Ive never understood the vegas gold. But I just don't know if this it's self, could work as a primary logo. It would look awesome as a shoulder patch. Maybe an alt. logo.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

My favorite thing about robopigeon was how the white didn't have an outline around it, so it blended in with the white jersey. I'm not sure if there would be a way to keep that in the update, while maintaining the black outline around the yellow, which I like. Also, the logo would need a white outline around it or something so that it could go on a black jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My favorite thing about robopigeon was that it was ultimately replaced. Looks like a Brave Corporate Logo for a refrigeration plant.

The concept somehow looks even more Nineties than the original. It could easily be teal and purple.

EDIT: See?

90spens.png

And that's not necessarily a bad thing! I love dated '90s design with all my heart. I miss gradients and drop shadows like the deserts miss the rain.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Bohob, I dont really care if people see it as a primary or secondary, as long as its good. And bbtv, I looked at having the white go through the black outline, but it looked weird in the way it terminated, so I left it out. If you really want to see it, i'll post it. heres the logo on a black background:

pensblack.png

I like what you are trying to do here.

Maybe try and place it in a circle like the current third. Rumors have it they are discontinuing the baby blue and bringing in another. This could be it..... Maybe take that logo place it in the circle with the 91,92 colors....that would look dope.

I like what you are doing....I just don't know if they would ever bring back the 97-2000 logo....I can not remember this jersey signifying any importance in history other then Mario's come back in 99....

My favorite thing about robopigeon was that it was ultimately replaced. Looks like a Brave Corporate Logo for a refrigeration plant.

The concept somehow looks even more Nineties than the original. It could easily be teal and purple.

EDIT: See?

90spens.png

And that's not necessarily a bad thing! I love dated '90s design with all my heart. I miss gradients and drop shadows like the deserts miss the rain.

Everything was teal and purple in the 90s, even cars. :wacko:

87Redskins.png

Nice to see I'm not the only one who still got love for the robopigeon logo. In fact, those '96-'98 uniforms (I think those were the years) were actually my favorite Penguins jerseys ever.

Makes for an interesting wallpaper too--I made this up a while back.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived