College Football/Basketball Uniforms for Sportslogos.net

Brave-Bird 08

Here is an idea you can either run with or shoot down. I noticed college uniforms arent well represented on Sportslogos.net, mainly because uniforms change so often it's hard to at least get motivated enough to start putting them up (ESPECIALLY FOR COLLEGE BBALL)

But I figured if we just started a thread and updated any uniform change we see with a rendering post HERE, then we can keep uniform renderings up to date. I've already got a few lying around in my files...so I'll throw them out, but I think it would be cool if anyone and everyone who is confident in their "authenticity" abilities to use ScottySprings awesome template and start throwing these out.

Good idea? yes? no?

Georgia1.png

Georgia2.png

Georgia3.png

Georgia4.png

***worn once, at home against Arkansas in 2010

Georgia5.png

***replaced Georgia's other black jersey halfway through 2010 conference schedule.

Georgia1-1.png

Georgia2-1.png

Georgia3-1.png

***worn once, against Florida in 2009

I think you should do this without a doubt. I am somewhat new to this website and have tried suggesting this to people but no one really listened. I think that it would be a good idea though to just do football, if you want to finish this it would be much easier to do and there are less conferences. I agree with gordie_delini that you could just assign one conference to a person. I believe that there are only 12 conferences in NCAAF counting the independents, that would not take very long.

Wasn't there an issue before about the NCAA being very protective of their logos, and that is why this site has very little as far as colleges go? I think I remember something about that, but I could be wrong.

You'd be surprised, the only angry emails I get from the NCAA is that their content is out-of-date.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been doing too much design work lately, but I'd be happy to get back in the swing of things by taking on the Big East here if no one objects to that.

Would it be safe to use scottysprings' template or something else, because I've been using a football template different than scott's and a basketball template that is essentially a moderately modified scott template.

I haven't been doing too much design work lately, but I'd be happy to get back in the swing of things by taking on the Big East here if no one objects to that.

Would it be safe to use scottysprings' template or something else, because I've been using a football template different than scott's and a basketball template that is essentially a moderately modified scott template.

I'm halfway done with the Big Ten for both football and basketball. I'm having a bit of difficulty replicating the sublimated designs on the back of Michigan State's basketball unis but I've just skipped that over for now. I also updated my style guide templates if anyone participating wants them for uniformity's sake.

I look forward to seeing these!

Something I noticed from the few that were originally posted- you've included specific player names and numbers, like "HARDESTY 2". Hasn't the trend for (I'm pretty sure) every uniform on the site been to have "PLAYER 97"? Might want to take that into consideration.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived