Minneapolis Grizzlies rec softball design

-kj

Bringing this one a massive bump. Gordie was cool enough to let me have his Grizzlies work to mangle as I wanted for my softball team, the Grizzlies. We've been using a logo I made in 2003, before I used Illustrator or had any idea about making a true identity.

grizzlies.png

I modified his bear, simplifying some detailing and modifying the shape a bit. I also went through a number of color iterations, including getting input from the team (and fixing my Illustrator color settings--thanks ColorWerx!). I've come up with what I'm considering a final product.

grizzlies-new09-logo-sheet.png

Truth be told, I was leaning towards keeping a green/gray scheme, but after giving a few options to the team, the team really liked the rust/orange with green combo. I'm meeting in the morning with someone about getting caps (they'll be green with the "dark bg" cap logo) and t-shirts done. New jerseys will probably come next year.

Many thanks to gordie_delini for his original work, including a full custom font (Grizzly Serif BG). Thanks also to gregjigga5, paynomind, fiasco!, Avenger, the49erfan15, Puckguy14, ColorWerx, and anyone I'm not remembering right now for all their feedback during the process.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bringing this back from the grave again.

So this season, we're looking at getting new jerseys. I haven't gone price shopping or anything yet, but I have put together for what I'm going to aim, if the price is acceptable:

grizzlies-new10-jersey.png

I'm sort of a traditionalist when it comes to baseball/softball, so that's where I was aiming with this. It may not be cost-effective to get the text across plus the logo below, but I'm going to at least try and get the text on there; if all else fails, I'll put the primary logo (see above) on the left chest and go with that. The custom numbering (thanks Gordie!) is another unknown, but I could always try and create those myself from twill to have them put on.

And, of course, the stirrups are a pipe dream. I'm the only one who would wear them (hell, only a couple of us wear long pants), and since custom stirrups will require a minimum order of twelve, that's right out. I don't even know if I could talk the rest of the team into wearing the long sock version of that.

Thoughts?

POTD 2013-08-22

I like the look. Very traditional, very good looking baseball jersey. I could cut the names and numbers for you. I can do tackle twill or flock.

If you're interested, just send me a PM and we can discuss.Everything is computer driven cutting machine, by the way. Very precise and very nice.

I'd suggest using the head alone underneath the lettering, or better yet, just use the full body on the sleeve.

I definitely wanted to use the full-body bear somewhere. I thought about using it on the sleeve, but I felt like the lettering needed something under it, where teams like the Dodgers have their numbers. Front numbers for a rec-league softball team seemed a bit overkill. (Then again, so is this level of design. Overkill: it's what I do. :) )

POTD 2013-08-22

Intentional double:

So, after some discussion, I'm going to take the bear off the front, then use the bear-head logo on the back, above the numbers (in lieu of names). I don't have Illy here at work, so I'll have to work on the mockup tonight.

Logoman's going to do a sample for me; I can't wait to see it. :)

POTD 2013-08-22

I did what I probably should have done in the first place and split this off to be a new topic. Those of you that are confused about the origin of this concept, check out gordie_delini's University of Montana thread.

POTD 2013-08-22

Get Spammy to critique the bear logo. He does have some experience with those, right?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Bringing this one a massive bump. Gordie was cool enough to let me have his Grizzlies work to mangle as I wanted for my softball team, the Grizzlies. We've been using a logo I made in 2003, before I used Illustrator or had any idea about making a true identity.

grizzlies.png

It's Beary Bonds!

87Redskins.png

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up because I'm in the middle of placing our order for the new jerseys. We're also getting stirrups, only because I'm giving them to the team as a gift.

grizzlies-new10-jersey2.png

Thanks to Logoman for all his help!

POTD 2013-08-22

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Remember this trip down Amnesia Lane? Well, I'm bringing it back.

This coming seasons's going to be the tenth season of our team, and I thought I'd make a logo for the occasion. Here's my first draft:

grizzlies-10a.png

POTD 2013-08-22

• 1 month later...

Revisited this:

grizzlies-10b.png

I brought the full bear head out, straightened out the 2013, and replaced the sock striping in the 1 with the claw slashes from the cap logo. Thoughts?

POTD 2013-08-22

Archived