Hoosiers new unis?

Cyclone20

Or, Indiana says "none of those match the image we're trying to portray". I find it hard to believe that there's any apparel contract that gives final say on design to the manufacturer. Heck - I find it hard to believe that in any design contract, the designer and not the client get to dictate the rules.

Well, there's not exactly that language, but there is in a lot of Nike's college contracts that says the school has to select from one of X number of designs presented by Nike. They have worked with schools a little bit more in football, but in basketball, I know of a couple of schools that were given the choice of a couple of ridiculous Nike bball templates and nothing like the traditional look they wanted.

Adidas will do whatever the school wants (and I'm sure Nike does in SOME cases as well). IU had the "traditional" jersey from the last few years because it is exactly what they wanted. They wanted a change, still keeping a relatively traditional look.

The side panels aren't great, but they're far less egregious than some things that have been put on jerseys. I'm not crazy about the Adidas logo inside the collar panel, but it's not terrible.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol at the excessive uses of mannequins. Also why did they get a girl mannequin to model it in the last pic?

It's Indiana. Incompetence comes with the territory.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Or, Indiana says "none of those match the image we're trying to portray". I find it hard to believe that there's any apparel contract that gives final say on design to the manufacturer. Heck - I find it hard to believe that in any design contract, the designer and not the client get to dictate the rules.

Well, there's not exactly that language, but there is in a lot of Nike's college contracts that says the school has to select from one of X number of designs presented by Nike. They have worked with schools a little bit more in football, but in basketball, I know of a couple of schools that were given the choice of a couple of ridiculous Nike bball templates and nothing like the traditional look they wanted.

Adidas will do whatever the school wants (and I'm sure Nike does in SOME cases as well). IU had the "traditional" jersey from the last few years because it is exactly what they wanted. They wanted a change, still keeping a relatively traditional look.

The side panels aren't great, but they're far less egregious than some things that have been put on jerseys. I'm not crazy about the Adidas logo inside the collar panel, but it's not terrible.

That's pretty interesting. I'd have thought that the schools would have more pull, since it's their "reputation" on the line. Have you worked with Nike or schools before? I'd love to see how these things are worded.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have never been present at one of these meetings, but from what I understand, the Nike rep comes in with a couple designs. They sit down with the head coach (and probably other people such as equip. manager and so on) and present what they have. The coach says what jersey they like and what pants they like. And they don't always have to come from the same set. Months later, samples come in and they get approved, and then the jerseys come in a few months after that.

Archived