Sabres ask to wear Winter Classic Unis in Boston?

Top Shelf

I have seen this on a few other boards citing NHL Network also, so drury23 is not just pulling this out of thin air. As much as I want this to happen, I don't believe it will. However, if it does we may never have to see the slug jersey again.

saBS.png

Wow, so they REALLY don't want to ever use the Slug again...

I've hated the Slug since the day it leaked (and what a horrible day that was), but all I care about regarding Sabres jerseys right now is that Thomas Vanek is wearing one on the ice in the game tomorrow.

Source?

Just wondering, this would be great though...

NHL Network reported it.

No link though?

So you're the source?

The source is NHL network, you can't link a TV channel. I saw it also.

LOL!

for a guy with over 2000 posts I would imagine that you know how things work around here regarding "sources"

gotta have at least seven links to make it valid. :P

This is not happening, at least not tonight. They are in the "slugs".

This team sure is lookin like our logo by now.

Yeah, on second thought, I don't think I want some of these guys wearing the classic jerseys.

Maybe they can bust out some special "alternate" golf-inspired jerseys.

This is not happening, at least not tonight. They are in the "slugs".

This team sure is lookin like our logo by now.

Yeah, on second thought, I don't think I want some of these guys wearing the classic jerseys.

Maybe they can bust out some special "alternate" golf-inspired jerseys.

We may only have to see those jerseys one more time if they continue to play like they did tonight.

saBS.png

How much of a hassle would that be for the Sabres equipment guys? Get the players new pant shells, letter and number 20+ jerseys on that short of notice. Do they still have a batch of those jerseys (sans Winter Classic patch), pants, and socks just laying around in every size possible from 2 seasons ago? Never mind having to reproduce the numbers/letters.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

How much of a hassle would that be for the Sabres equipment guys? Get the players new pant shells, letter and number 20+ jerseys on that short of notice. Do they still have a batch of those jerseys (sans Winter Classic patch), pants, and socks just laying around in every size possible from 2 seasons ago? Never mind having to reproduce the numbers/letters.

And whipping up new ones for the rookies and Torres.

Typical Sabres, wait until the last possible second to get the idea to do something.

bufg.png

Archived