Is your Mother a prostitute?

NJTank

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jim_trotter/04/30/dez.bryant.jeff.ireland/index.html?eref=sihp

Bryant: "My dad was a pimp."

Ireland: "What did your mom do [for a living]?"

Bryant: "She worked for my dad."

Ireland: "Your mom was a prostitute?"

Bryant: "No, she wasn't a prostitute."

That changes everything.

Jeff Ireland is not at fault at all then.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JUDGE

TNAK

More like it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Judge.jpg

"If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it."

(There were millions of possible responses, and I settled on the above.)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Judge.jpg

"If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it."

(There were millions of possible responses, and I settled on the above.)

"TANK MAAAAAD!!!" would have been acceptable. :P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

JUDGE

TNAK

More like it.

Best laugh I've had on these boards in a while.

Also, yeah...at first I was like "Wow, this whole player-GM interview crap has really gone too far." But yeah, if Dez was the one that brought it up, that was gonna be the natural follow-up question. So yeah, don't really see anything too bad about this.

How exactly does one get a buzzcut with a part?

It's actually a very unlikely bald spot.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I agree... and let me say for the sake of clarity that I'm not saying these questions should have been asked about Ben either. And if Dez Bryant had any similar red flags (I'm not sure if he did or not), then I would agree that it would be reasonable for Ireland (or whomever) to ask about them. But Ireland was asking about his mother's past, not his.

And if his mother was a prostitute, then what... is something that may have happened before Dez was even born supposed to justify, say, paying him less money or giving him a earlier curfew during road trips? Social overtones aside, I'm not seeing a practical reason for even asking something like that.

A little late to the party, but to me I think it is an issue in finding out if his mother perhaps still had contact with "questionable" people. The same way as if say a player had a father that was a bookie. And both could be an issue that may cause some undue stress on a player above and beyond what teams may want to accept. I think that in this age players and there families are looked at very closely weather they like it or not. Perhaps the question should have been worded, "Is there anything in your past that if it got out to the press would cause you embarrassment or undue stress." Sure he does not have to answer, but if the team already knew some things, well they would make their decision based on what ever answer he gave.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

• 1 month later...

The manner in which is was asked is irrelevant. It cannot justify the asking of the question. Jeff Ireland is an intelligent enough dude to ask about mom's legal trouble in a wholly inoffensive and less vulgar way.

How do you ask that in an inoffensive and less vulgar way? "Yo 'Dez, Yo Crack 'Snortin b***h mama a Hooker?"

ccslcsig-4.png

Really?

Now that we know the context of how the question was asked you dig up a 2 month old thread and try to continue the argument?

Ah, whoops... guess I should check dates. Saw a link and clicked it... and read all the pages, gawd I feel like an idiot :wacko:

ccslcsig-4.png

JUDGE

TNAK

More like it.

Well Tank does work in a court room so I suppose he's the closest thing we have to an actual judge.

Since we're bumping old :censored:, would it make someone the closest thing we have to a CEO if they pick up the trash in the CEO's office everyday? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived