Quebec Nordiques

ScotM

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what the viewing issue is, Redbull. It shows up for me and I'm using a dedicated host on my own server to display the image.

Is anyone else unable to see the above graphic?

I can see it.

It looks nice but it has two things working against it. The first is the fact that it's very close, design wise, to the Phoenix Coyotes' mark. The second is that it seems to abstract(?) to work as a primary hockey crest. It could work if the team was going for a minimalist light blue/white scheme, but anything other then that and the logo comes off as not being substantial enough.

Here's a mockup on the Nordiques Home jersey. I decided to go with a pinkish grey instead of the vermilion in the original swatch idea.

nordiquesjersey1.jpg

I think it works a bit better with the outline around the logo and makes it feel a little less abstract, as mentioned.

I also did a second jersey concept with a lighter grey outline, which I prefer. In future mockups I'm thinking about playing around with the idea of snowflakes instead of the Fleur de Lis.

Jersey concept 2:

nordiquesjersey2.jpg

I also did a second jersey concept with a lighter grey outline, which I prefer. In future mockups I'm thinking about playing around with the idea of snowflakes instead of the Fleur de Lis.

Jersey concept 2:

Does it snow all year round in Quebec? Snowflakes don't make enough sense to replace the Fleurs de Lis. If it's going to be a Nordiques identity, keep the Fleurs de Lis. I really like the very minimalist approach to this jersey.

Here's a mockup on the Nordiques Home jersey. I decided to go with a pinkish grey instead of the vermilion in the original swatch idea.

nordiquesjersey1.jpg

I think it works a bit better with the outline around the logo and makes it feel a little less abstract, as mentioned.

With all due respect it looks too "amateurish" for professional hockey. It's too "artsy" and not "strong" enough for hockey. Great template though! Where'd you find it?

Yep, it's the early to mid 90's home top. I adjusted the colours of the sleeve and used cloning stamp in Photoshop to remove the Nordiques igloo logo.

After giving it some thought and talking about the design over beers with a buddy, I have to agree that the snowflake isn't an accurate representation of Quebec.

Looks pretty cool, maybe when the Coyotes "move" to Winnipeg, this would work.

I doubt fleur-de-lys would fly anywhere in Canada outside of Quebec.

I think they meant because a few posters said the design reminded them of the current abstract looking Phoenix Coyotes logo, that if they were to become the Winnepeg Jets again (and in the process, stop using their current logo) that my logo wouldn't be compared.

Here's my last concept for the home jersey. I added vermilion strips to the bottom and both sleeves, additional Fleur de Lis (at the request of a friend, which are resized) and the Nordiques old primary N igloo logo to the sleeves.

nordiquesjersey3.jpg

My next batch of mock ups will be an away top featuring an updated Fleur de Lis.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

What if some of the hairs on the dog were another colour like red or silver? Possibly add some more to the jersey design. It's a really nice logo though, nice work so far.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Archived