Quebec Nordiques

ScotM

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a logo I love it. As a sports logo I'm not so sure, it just feels a little to etherial what with it the whole being made up of so many individual flowing lines.

May I introduce you to the Cambrian Golden Shield:

cambrian.png

By all means introduce away, I always love meeting new logos.

With that said I feel the same way about this one as I do about the Nordiques concept, to much use of negative space for my liking. With the lines being much bolder and squarer on the Golden Shield logo it's perhaps feels a little more solid, but to my taste it just isn't the right style for sports. I think it's a great mark like the nordiques concept, but they just don't feel like a sports logos to me.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

As a logo I love it. As a sports logo I'm not so sure, it just feels a little to etherial what with it the whole being made up of so many individual flowing lines.

cambrian.png

With that said I feel the same way about this one as I do about the Nordiques concept, to much use of negative space for my liking. With the lines being much bolder and squarer on the Golden Shield logo it's perhaps feels a little more solid, but to my taste it just isn't the right style for sports. I think it's a great mark like the nordiques concept, but they just don't feel like a sports logos to me.

9erssteve

Fully agreed, this thing screems BANKING so loud, I had to reach in my pockets to make sure I wasn't suffering from a bad case of Bankers' disease:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Here it is with the Fleur de Lis on the shoulders, instead of the wolf head:

nordiques%20away3.jpg

I agree with "Generic's" comment about the Navy.

You have too many colours here.

One of the beauty of the Nordiques' template was the minimalism with its only 2 colours.

The copper colour also appears to be gratuitous.

I would try to have the dog/wolf's head be the same colour as the jersey and make the striping navy.

I actually like this treatment, very reminiscent of the Quebec Remparts (and Slightly Rouyn-Noranda Huskies).

May also be worth going for a slightly more modern RBK template.

I don't think you need to use the exact shirt to link to the Nordiques' past; the use of the Fleur de lis trim achieves that purpose.

Overall, I still like this latest version...

@Frenchie_TO

Here it is with the Fleur de Lis on the shoulders, instead of the wolf head:

nordiques%20away3.jpg

I agree with "Generic's" comment about the Navy.

You have too many colours here.

One of the beauty of the Nordiques' template was the minimalism with its only 2 colours.

The copper colour also appears to be gratuitous.

I would try to have the dog/wolf's head be the same colour as the jersey and make the striping navy.

I actually like this treatment, very reminiscent of the Quebec Remparts (and Slightly Rouyn-Noranda Huskies).

May also be worth going for a slightly more modern RBK template.

I don't think you need to use the exact shirt to link to the Nordiques' past; the use of the Fleur de lis trim achieves that purpose.

Overall, I still like this latest version...

SORRY for the extra post, definitely not padding my posts... I couldn't edit my post...

I'd be curious to see the dog/wolf facing the other way.

@Frenchie_TO

cambrian.png

9erssteve

Fully agreed, this thing screems BANKING so loud, I had to reach in my pockets to make sure I wasn't suffering from a bad case of Bankers' disease:

ROFL, that link is awesome! Capital One dont advertise as much in the UK so I hadn't seen that one before, hilarious!

But you're spot on the Golden Shield one especially feels really corporate, and would perfectly suited imo to a financial environment. As I said I think it's a great logo I just dont think sport is it's natural habitat if you will.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I agree about the copper. It was only in there to appease a friend who kept asking "where's the red striping?" after each jersey I showed him. I think with the navy being more prominent and the copper not adding anything to the design, replacing it with the navy in the circle will further help the treatment. Here's the jersey with navy stripes in place of the copper:

nordiques%20away4.jpg

I'm also playing with the idea of Chateau Frontenac for the alternate jersey with a forest green, copper and cream colour scheme and a plum or eggplant with teal or turquoise and silver.

Here's an update of the home top using only two colours:

nordiques%20home1.jpg

I'm keen to try these designs on one of the more simpler looking Edge jerseys, but I'm still not 100% solld on the wolf head alone.

I'm also playing with the idea of Chateau Frontenac for the alternate jersey with a forest green, copper and cream colour scheme and a plum or eggplant with teal or turquoise and silver.

Here's an update of the home top using only two colours:

nordiques%20home1.jpg

I'm keen to try these designs on one of the more simpler looking Edge jerseys, but I'm still not 100% solld on the wolf head alone.

By NO MEANS, am I trying to Hi-jack your thread, I'm actually a fan of what you're doing, with the Navy circle, I am totally sold on your logo.

If you're looking for a "clean" Edge template, I'm thinking of the Caps' with a few subtleties.

Here's one sample I just put together in 10 minutes at work while I wait for my boss to forward me a Rush job (ain't it always the case, a RUSH job at 3 pm on Friday? will end up taking 3 hours of my time...

Use this as inspiration....

nords.jpg

And maybe if you come up with a nice logo of for the Chateau Frontenac, stick it on the shoulders, similarly to the Capitals' Cpitol logo...

@Frenchie_TO

Hey Frenchie, no worries. I appreciate any and all feedback. That being said, I'm not keen on the fleur de lis down the side. I'm also not keen of that particular Edge jersey (I was actually leaning towards a much more simpler template, possibly the Penguins white jersey).

Hey Frenchie, no worries. I appreciate any and all feedback. That being said, I'm not keen on the fleur de lis down the side. I'm also not keen of that particular Edge jersey (I was actually leaning towards a much more simpler template, possibly the Penguins white jersey).

I hear you...

The only issue I personnally have (as a Quebec ex-pat) with the Nordiques using the Pens template, is that they also share it with Ottawa... and Ottawa and Quebec can NOT share... :flagcanada:

you could easily eliminate the blue panels (make them white) on this Caps template, swith the hem colours as in, no small stripe and put the fleur de lis there...

I'm looking forward to see you Chateau Frontenac logo

I'm thinking a very stylized one blending with letter Q, or with Fleur de Lis;

Bonhomme in front of la porte st-louis could work too.

@Frenchie_TO

Having never been to Quebec City, I'm limited on ideas past the Chateau and Bonhomme, but my girlfriend is French, so I'm gonna pick her brain a bit tonight. Feel free to chime in with any ideas, since these sort of things may jog my memory of posters from French class in high school.

Here's the stylized Chateau Frontenac logo I've created for the alternate jersey:

%7Boption%7D

I see what your trying to do but it seems to busy, I mean don't get me wrong, it's excellently well drawn, but it just seems to corwded.

Just my opinion though.

NASLUND.pngLINDEN.pngSMYL.png

I think that logo has potential if it is somewhat simplified and contains a subliminal 'Q'. The seeds look to have already been sown for that, judging by the bottom right section of the logo.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I agree, it's a bit too busy. I think that's the trick with stylized logos, knowing how much of the element to include without making the design overly complicated.

Here's a more simplified version of the Frontenac inside of a Q:

frontenac1.jpg

I agree, it's a bit too busy. I think that's the trick with stylized logos, knowing how much of the element to include without making the design overly complicated.

Here's a more simplified version of the Frontenac inside of a Q:

frontenac1.jpg

Thumb down, the other one looked 100% better. Busy but better.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Archived