MLB Cooperstown Caps Question

TopCat

So I am heavily debating getting a few "retro" caps, and the only ones I can really find are in the Cooperstown Collection. So I'm wondering what color the underbill is? Also, what are the chances I could safely remove the New Era logo stitched on the side? But most importantly, what do you think of the caps overall? Thanks for any help.

So I am heavily debating getting a few "retro" caps, and the only ones I can really find are in the Cooperstown Collection. So I'm wondering what color the underbill is? Also, what are the chances I could safely remove the New Era logo stitched on the side? But most importantly, what do you think of the caps overall? Thanks for any help.

To what I know (i'm a hat collector myself) they have green underbills (if from that era) and don't have the 'Flag' logo on the side, also no MLB guy logo on the back.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I have a few retro hats (1908 Cardinals, 1939-57 Dodgers, 1963-67 KC Athletics, 1909 Tigers), but they're made by American Needle, not New Era. Overall, I think they're pretty sharp hats and comfortable to wear. Besides, I don't really care for New Era. <_<

Dugout Memories--Cooperstown Collection hats

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

The color of the underbill is the color of the top of the bill on all the COOP's I own.

Flag logo COULD be removed, but I'm unsure if you can still see the outline. It's sewn on, so a seam ripper would be needed.

I kinda like the logo a bit, but to each their own.

I own these coops--

Marlins Teal/Black Bill (Black Under)

Marlins Teal (Teal Under)

Angels 1998 Navy/Baby Blue (Baby Blue Under)

TB Rays 1998 (Black/Purple Bill) (Purple Under)

Brooklyn Dodgers (All Blue) (Blue Under)

Pirates Grey/Black Bill (Black under)

I have a Mr. Red Cincinatti Reds one on the way, and it looks like a Red Underbill too.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Here is my collection of Cooperstown hats and the underbill is green on every one of them.

1951 Indians

1957-64 Cardinals

1949-57 NY Giants

Houston Colt .45s

1972 Tigers

1965 Angels

1959 Indians

1968 Indians

1983 Expos

1971 Angels

Brooklyn Dodgers (all blue)

They are very high quality hats. They fit great. So far, none of my American Needle hats have had the inconsistency issues you find with New Era hats.

BB52Big.jpg

i have a bunch of cooperstown hats... the one from mickeys place all have the era's under bills and no logo on the side. the yellow pirates, orange astros, brown padres all green underneath. i have the teal marlins to that one is grey but if your buying the latest editions off from the lids website they all have logo on the side and the bills colour on the underside side i have an 98 angels light blue bill light blue underside, graphites jays graphite underneath and the mariners with the teal bill teal underside.

I have 220 hats and half are Cooperstown Collection/New Era. All have green underbills and none have the NE logo on the side or the MLB logo on the back. The "Coop" collection at Lids has the NE brand on the side because they are considered a custom cap since the underbill is not green. The only places left to buy the "real" cooperstown collection caps is at Mickey's Place and www.minorleagues.com. New Era had a few Cooperstown caps on their site last year but an overwhelming majority of the caps were either incorrect in logo or color.

Archived