Chicago Blackhawks Logo has to go?

Morgan33

I completely agree with the notion that the Blackhawks logo needs to go. Recist Native American imagery no longer has any place in sports. Its the 21st century and these teams need to get with the times. I find it disgusting that the Blackhawks, Redskins, Indians, etc. haven't changed yet despite years and years of cries from the Native American community for change.

I can back up my argument with facts, sources, and evidence, but I have to work early and don't really feel like typing it all out. Maybe tomorrow. For now, just take my opinion as one vote for the change.

It's native American imagery, but what about it is racist? Is it racist to have a white guy's profile portrayed on American quarters?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a drawing of a famous Indian chief from the midwest. It makes no racist determinations against American Indians. Ancillary team paraphernalia has nothing to do with scalping or tomahawk chops or any of that other Indian stuff.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I completely agree with the notion that the Blackhawks logo needs to go. Recist Native American imagery no longer has any place in sports. Its the 21st century and these teams need to get with the times. I find it disgusting that the Blackhawks, Redskins, Indians, etc. haven't changed yet despite years and years of cries from the Native American community for change.

I can back up my argument with facts, sources, and evidence, but I have to work early and don't really feel like typing it all out. Maybe tomorrow. For now, just take my opinion as one vote for the change.

I look forward to hearing you struggle to come up with a legitimate reason for the logo being racist.

you need the spirit of the buffalo man

I look forward to hearing you struggle to come up with a legitimate reason for the logo being racist.

As do I.

And I'm one of those "Tree-hugging" "Wussy" liberals that thinks the Redskins name needs to go along Chief Wahoo.

Short of "Redskins" or Chief Wahoo-like logos, I find most logos and team names are closer to honoring the chosen group or tribe than attempting to offend them. That includes the Blackhawks and most, if not all, of the college teams that are being forced to change their names and logos because of the perceived offensiveness of the name.

spacer.png

Archived