Bullets & Wizards

Discrim

years ago, I saw a picture of Manute Bol in a Bullets uniform that resembled the Unseld-era threads, though they had a few notable differences. Since then, I'd occasionally wondered how long they used that particular style (my guess is two seasons at most after doing a small bit of digging) and recently I decided to start juggling a few ideas in my head...first, a bit of a mix of eras

bullets1.png

basically, the mix of eras is the 85(?)-87 style with the 87-96 logo, and for the hell of it I whipped up an alternate "dc" logo. instead of the red-white-red hoops on both jerseys, the road has red-blue-red. The third uniform, as numbered by everybody's favorite 7-7 Romanian, is loosely based on the early 70s Baltimore set, the key word being loosely. Not trying to be an ass here, but don't ask me to tweak this one, at least right now, I'll have to redo the whole thing from scratch because I accidentally saved over its inkscape file.

wizards1.png

And here we have the Wizards version (the hoops are a bit higher up, as there's no ball in the wordmark to accomodate). Granted, the Wizards' number font isn't exactly my favorite, but it works for em. The alt is also very loosely based on the aforementioned 70s getup.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Cool Idea with the 2nd one, I Actually just posted something with the same thought of mixing the old bullets with the new wizards. The main problem I see on here is the DC logo looks like it says dt at first glance.

alright...you've convinced me. overwhelmingly. the Bullets set has been revised because the "dc" logo looked too much like a "dt." home and away, only a couple minor tweaks, alt has a different striping pattern than before.

bullets2.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived