Fox Finds A New Way To Annoy

NJTank

Some one please please please take baseball away from foxing a talking annimated baseball makes me long for teh days of the glowing puck. Whats worse is twice they mmissed picthes to show this stupid graphic.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I hate Fox baseball. The graphics don't bother me, but Joe Buck and Tim McCarver have to be the worst announcers on earth. Buck is the worst, he thinks he's funn but he's not. It is clear that the only reason why he has a job is becuase he's Jack Bucks kid. McCarver is bad too, he just states the obvious, says something stupid or says something that is wrong.

Theres just something with Fox, I swear I have never seen more stupid ideas for TV shows or flat out annoying ways to showcase pro sports. The only thiung I find good about them are The Simpsons and king of the Hill. If you're going to show a baseball game, get broadcasters who know the game, will talk about the game and most important, SHOW THE GAME! people don't tune in for talking baseballs, they tune in for baseball...

Eh, I don't mind Buck. There's not really anybody I'd say i prefer to have calling a game over him.

What I hate is the crap all week about the damn Yankees/Red Sox coverage. Having a graphic come on the screen for it. NOBODY CARES outside of New England!

IUe6Hvh.png

i watch the Cardinal games on the MLB Extra Innings and i really cant stand Joe their. idk wut it is but theres something about him....

i didnt watch the game for the beginning but noticed the ball when it passed through the green screen that it was dif. it looked retarded.

whats next, Fox is gunna have a graphic of the bat being on fire it the batter is hitting good just like in Slugfest??

untitled-1.png

I wouldn't put it past them to do just that, snowcap.

I never really liked fox baseball although i do like Buck. However, fox is lightyears better than CBS for football.

*also, snowcap... when do you plan on editing the Flyers/Devils sig? lol.

IUe6Hvh.png

My fave is watching the local Rangers' games with Josh Lewin & Tom Grieve. They know baseball, comment on the game, come up with a funny story or two (I distinctly remember them telling about when they tried to get the Asian players to say stuff in English and they couldn't pronounce it). I'd much rather watch them then Joe Buck. It really made me mad when Buck starting announcing football games for Fox. Dear God those reeked.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Speaking of sports broadcasting...

The whole topic just kinda jogged memories of, IMO, some of the best network broadcasting of sports with the NBA on NBC. Some annoying graphics here and there clogging the screen, but overall, I mean... you had some great announcers (Marv Albert and Bill Walton, now with ABC/ESPN thank G-d) and come on... only the greatest sports theme song ever (yes, the John Tesh NBA on NBC theme... what NBA fan didn't sing the song as it played and then did the whole voice over announcer "Today's game, the New York Knicks versus the Chicago Bulls!" or "THIS is the NBA on NBC!" The only thing that rivals that is the good ol' ESPN National Hockey Night theme.

I miss the good old days of sports presentations.

As for Buck and McCarver, I actually enjoy them. Baseball play-by-play is generally boring, but I dunno... I guess I just like their voices, I just think Buck has the sound of a play-by-play guy. It's light years better than settling for Tom Seaver, Keith Hernandez, Fran Healy and "Mr. Personality" Ralph Kiner call Mets games. Although, they're kinda like human anesthesia... the losses don't feel so bad since you're already put to sleep and numbed by the 3rd inning by their commentary.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Not all of their ideas are stupid. Didnt they come up with the first down marker?

My only beef with fox baseball is the lack of teams that play on it. Id like to see a larger variety. It always seems like cards/cubs and yankees/red sox.

I enjoy listening to games on the radio, at least if im doing something else at the same time. Being a Brewer fan, darron sutton can get old really fast. Ideally, I like to turn the TV on, and the volume off, then turn Uecker on. Best of both worlds. IMO radio guys overall are much better then TV guys. They have to represent the same game, without being able to rely on people seeing what they see on TV. Im sure there is an AM radio station out there that has the game being broadcast with different guys. Not entirely sure though.

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

Archived