NY Islanders Concept

Has2916

Messed around with the '95 Islanders logo and their new script found on the helmets. The four stripes at the bottom of the logo signify the Stanley Cups. And of course I simplified the jersey and Edge'd it.

NYI1.png

Fire away!

While I loved the Isles fisherman uniforms, mostly because of the colors, this isn't doing it for me. There's too many different parts. The nameplate doesn't fit with the numbers, the crest wordmark, or the A. That needs to be re-tooled for greater cohesion. As for the crest, I'm gunna have to say this is a downgrade too. While the script isn't bad, it doesn't work for the logo. The right goal post is just floating there and makes the whole thing look off center, and the four waves (stripes) look tacked on and out of place. The jersey striping is very nice though (minus the yoke).

Generally speaking I hate the Gorton's Fisherman jerseys with a passion reserved for only the New York Rangers and the Red Sox.

That said I like these. The lack of the waves is a plus, and makes me feel less seasick. I also like the use of the waves under the logo to signify the cup wins. Subtle but I like it. The only aspect I'm not too big on is "Islanders" in script. To me it just doesn't match the rest of the jersey. Other than that these are sharp. Nice job.

As far as the fonts not matching, yes I understand the script really doesn't match the rest of the jersey. However if you look at the '95 Isles sweater I believe that the numbers on the back do not match the sleeve numbers and neither matches the nameplate which barely matches the captain's C or A.

And yes, that right goal post is terribly placed.

As a big fan of the Islanders Fisherman identity I gotta say his concept has definite potential. The new Islanders script compliments the Fisherman really well and the straight hem stripes look great. The Four waves are also a great touch that makes you wonder why they didnt do that on the original fisherman jerseys.

Unfortunatly the logo simply isnt tied together well, especially the net. I would lose the net completely and find a way to tie the script, waves and fisherman together in way similar to the original set. Also the square shoulder yolk looks odd with the stripes being so thin. Again I would look to the original jerseys for inspiration. Maybe making the lines thicker and adding another silver line (as per original). Hope I dont sound too critical because I really like this concept. Just think its a few tweaks away from something special.

Changed the concept a little. Took away the shoulders (too simple or just right?) And removed the crappy looking net away from Captain Fishsticks. He wasn't a good goalie anyways...better than Dipietro, but that's not saying much.

NYI1ver2.png

I'm not liking the fact that there are 4 different fonts on the jersey

Refer to comment #4 on the post.

Ah, sorry I missed that earlier.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Archived