Notre Dame Football Concept

mbannon92

Notre Dame has some one of the most classic uniforms in college football. Plain gold helmet, navy jersey with white numbers and white jersey with blue numbers, and gold pants. However, in recent years the uniforms have been a little too simple. When i saw that Notre Dame was coming out with new unis for the Kelly era, I got excited, but when I saw them I was disappointed. They could have done a lot more, especially with the templates Adidas has come out with lately (Michigan and Cincinnati).

So, I decided to spice Notre Dame's uniforms up a little bit. I still kept the basic elements, but I added a few things. First, I took the template that Michigan and Cincy have used the last couple years and recreated it myself. I made the collar gold and added a gold stripe just like Cincinnati has. I replaced the sleeve numbers with the interlocking ND, just like in real life, and at the base of the collar I put a green shamrock. For the green alternates, I used the throwback design they wore against USC a few years back but used gold instead of yellow.

I think these are a great improvement, but let me know what you think!

Home

NDHome.png

Away

NDAway.png

Green Alt

NDGreen.png

I actually really like this concept. I think that the modernization works well here, also as it is not over the top with all the piping, but just a nice amount that really spices up Notre Dame's look, but still keeps it quite classic. Not much criticism I have for this, as it is well executed, and I like the concept itself.

RockiesSig.png

I was a little worried when I saw a ND football concept. I was afraid there was going to be a radical change, but I really like what you have done here. The changes were simple and very nice. I am a big fan of those green jerseys. I also like the addition of the ND on the sleeves. Well done.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Home

NDHome.png

Piping on the home unis is wrong. (See Michigan.) Also, not having TV numbers of any kind is wrong.

Away

NDAway.png

If you're going to have any piping at all, this would be the uni to have it upon.

The argument against NOBs is silly, particularly for a team that is on TV all the time.

Green Alt

NDGreen.png

This, however, is nice. Shouldn't a team coached by a guy named Kelly wear green unis at home all the time?

Packers-2.png

Piping on the home unis is wrong. (See Michigan.) Also, not having TV numbers of any kind is wrong.

I was actually using the piping from Cincinnati's unis, which looks like that, and Notre Dame has gone with ND on the sleeves and no TV numbers before.

The argument against NOBs is silly, particularly for a team that is on TV all the time.

Tradition.

the clovers are backwards?

Both of those are older logos...the one I used is the most recent one.

I just Google Image searched, and neither Cincinnati or Arkansas had TV numbers with this template.

Slavery was a tradition once upon a time. (Just sayin' ...)

Well, football jerseys aren't quite as serious as slavery, so you don't need to "just say" that.

Of course, coming from a Packers fan...(jk, just messin' with you)

• 4 months later...

Archived