Seattle Mariners redesign

TwoRsAndTwoLs

It has a very "Japanese" feel to it, and that's not bad. I like the trident "E" at the end of the "Seattle" script, but the "Mariners" script is not working for me, nor is the "S". Then again, I don't like the inconsistancies of the back and front numbers.

It has a very "Japanese" feel to it, and that's not bad. I like the trident "E" at the end of the "Seattle" script, but the "Mariners" script is not working for me, nor is the "S". Then again, I don't like the inconsistancies of the back and front numbers.

For the front numbers, I could actually take 'em or leave 'em.

I don't think a double-outline would work on front numbers without looking extremely crowded. Also, the blue and green just don't have enough contrast to be adjacent to each other. The last incarnation of the Devil Rays used blue and green, but not effectively. Anyway, I'm not terribly attached to having front numbers in the first place and could easily get rid of them entirely.

When it comes to the scripts, I was shooting for something wave-like... something that looked like it flowed a little bit. I think I executed that fairly well with the capital letters, but the font I used for the rest of it leaves a little something to be desired.

I'm curious what in your opinion makes it "Japanese"?

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I actually like the script...mostly. The curvy "M" and "S" don't really fit with the block, futuristic looking font, but I like it otherwise. Also, you could use a secondary logo for the sleeves and a blue alternate uniform.

I do like the colors though, and I think this look has some real potential. Keep at it!

Like the Sounders/Seahawks colors, like the idea(and LOVE the trident "E" in Seattle).

However the scripts seem off. It looks like it's based off Deftone Stylus, but the "S" and "M" don't go at all. It would probably look better with the original letters from the font. I wouldn't mind seeing a true primary logo developed out of the scripts either. Good start!

I agree with what others are saying that the M and S don't really fit with the rest of the script. However I love the S and M (and the trident E is cool too), so I'd want you tweaking the rest to fit the initial letters.

My first reaction on seeing it was that it was great, so I think you are well on the way to a terrific identity.

Okay, I know there's a little crossover between the M's blog I frequent and here, so a few people will see it twice, but whatever.

Home:

Mariners2010Home.jpg

Road:

mariners2010Away.jpg

Road wordmark detail:

MarinersUpdate.jpg

Like the design - but I'm very partial to the compass rose of the current design. Is there a way to integrate it into the uniform?

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to tweaking this again. I was really focusing on the script, so I dropped the trident-E for the time being, though I'll probably put it back.

Until then, what do you think of this script?

CurlySMsConceptMark2.gif

Keep in mind that I'm not necessarily trying to tie it to any current or past M's identity. I'm mostly trying to combine modern with classic.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

The colors are too close to each other. From a distance theyll just blur together. The green needs to be lightened definately and maybe the blue a little darker.

The S and M both need a makeover and I like the trident E idea but I dont liek it being capital on the end of a lowercase script

The colors are too close to each other. From a distance theyll just blur together. The green needs to be lightened definately and maybe the blue a little darker.

The S and M both need a makeover and I like the trident E idea but I dont liek it being capital on the end of a lowercase script

ha...you said S and M

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Could you be more specific with what needs changing on the capital letters?

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

they just don't seem to go with the rest of the word mark. They are detailed with the loops while the rest of the word mark is a basic cursive.

On the S i would trake the top loop out and make it smaller so its not way bigger than the rest of the script.

The top of the M looks like its slanted down while the rest of the script is slanted up

Ok, so I like the "ea" better on your current, like the "ttle" better on the original, gotta keep the trident imo. Agree that colors need to be tweaked, the green needs to shift more toward the seahawks imo and the blue needs to be darkened up.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Personally, I think this is absolutely splendid. The Blue/Green scheme works so well with the wordmark. It all has a very throwback feel to it.

I almost want to see the colors reversed, with the lettering in green and the outline in blue.

northstars.jpg

Nice update, definite improvement on colors and changes to the letters although I think I will reserve judgement until I see the new S on the jersey.

My "problem" if you will is that I'm fairly emotionally attached to a really swooshy "S". I felt a sense of accomplishment designing it. Anyway, I do want to tweak this S just a little more, but I'll have that up probably tomorrow.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Archived