NHL 2014

tigerslionspistonshabs

Up next:

The Virginia Colonials.

During the 2010-11 season, the Florida Panthers suffer the worst season in franchise history, both on and off the ice. Finishing with 57 points and missing the playoffs for a 10th season in a row, the Panthers become the only team in NHL history to do so. The Panthers fan base dwindles and the team loses a massive amount of money. The owners have a deal in place with the city of Norfolk, Virginia- which, when coupled with Hampton Roads, Virginia Beach, Newport News and several other municipaltities, creates a metropolitan area of nearly 2 million, and quickly growing- to move the team there upon completely of a new 17,000 seat arena for the 2013-14 season. The area has supported the AHL's Admirals for a decade and has shown it's anticipation for the Panthers franchise ever since the initial rumors of the team's relocation.

For this one guys, I've only got home and away jerseys. I'm not a great logo designer, so if someone would like to take a shot at it, feel free.

VIRIGNIA1.png

Okay??

As much as I would love to see the Panthers relocate to Norfolk, I wouldn't want them looking like this. It reminds me too much of a college hockey uniform. I couldn't see them naming the team the Colonials for one. If they'd name them anything it would most likely be military influenced. The color combination is also very rough. Maroon, Black, and White? Yikes. Try Navy, Champagne, and maybe White. Even as far as a name like Destroyers (based off of the warship) would fit the team better than Colonials.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about just naming them after their AHL team, which would surely have to relocate or fold if an NHL team came to town?

The Norfolk Admirals.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Seeing as the AHL has two teams called the Admirals thanks to the AHL-IHL merger, I imagine they'd be glad to be rid of one.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

...sigh, well back to normal I guess, an NHL series that has the Panthers moving. At least I finally got to see one Panthers concept that involved the team staying in Florida in WNDUP FX's series. At least in real life the Panthers won't be moving any time soon, as the NHL wants the market and ownership(however useless they may be) is happy to have their own arena and make money from all the non-hockey crap that goes on there. Now if only the team would stop sucking. Maybe sometime in the next decade we'll make the playoffs and hockey will be relevant here again.

As for commenting on the actual concept, the jerseys aren't bad but the colors are a bit too close to the Hurricanes, who would be close geographically to Norfolk. And they'd probably use the Admirals name. That's about as far as I can go with a serious critique without feeling sick thinking about my hockey team moving lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Ottawa Senators

The Sens are on the playoff bubble in each of the last 4 seasons, making it as a 7th seed in 2011-12 and winning the division 2013-14, but missing in 2010-11 and 2012-13, finishing in 9th place both times. The Sens managed to advance to the 2nd round in 2013-14, and showed Sens fans reason to be excited for a bright future. This season would be captain Daniel Alfredsson's last, retiring at age 41 after spending his entire career with the Sens.

2010-11: 3rd Northeast, 9th Eastern, 85 pts- Did not qualify for Playoffs

2011-12: 3rd Northeast, 7th Eastern, 94 pts- lost in 1st round in 5 games to PIT

2012-13: 5th Northeast, 9th Eastern, 82 pts- Did not qualify for Playoffs

2013-14: 3rd Northeast, 7th Eastern, 96 pts- lost in 2nd round in 6 games to MON

Before the start of the 2013-14 season, the Sens dump their new-age template for a rebirth of their original look

I've taken their original expansion look and updated it. I always liked that look for them, especially the black jersey. As for the crest, I've used the profile Senator. I think it's a phenomenal logo and should be used.

The alternate goes for a bit of their original (1917-31) barber-shop look without going overboard. The 'O' is a pretty solid logo and could make a nice third. Then again, anything is better than 'Sens'. C & C please guys.

ottawa.png

sig.png

The home and road are very good, but the white lines on the alt look awkward.

Ottawa Senators

The Sens are on the playoff bubble in each of the last 4 seasons, making it as a 7th seed in 2011-12 and winning the division 2013-14, but missing in 2010-11 and 2012-13, finishing in 9th place both times. The Sens managed to advance to the 2nd round in 2013-14, and showed Sens fans reason to be excited for a bright future. This season would be captain Daniel Alfredsson's last, retiring at age 41 after spending his entire career with the Sens.

Before the start of the 2013-14 season, the Sens dump their new-age template for a rebirth of their original look

I've taken their original expansion look and updated it. I always liked that look for them, especially the black jersey. As for the crest, I've used the profile Senator. I think it's a phenomenal logo and should be used.

The alternate goes for a bit of their original (1917-31) barber-shop look without going overboard. The 'O' is a pretty solid logo and could make a nice third. Then again, anything is better than 'Sens'. C & C please guys.

ottawa.png

Like the updated expansion look but the road needs some white like these...

sens.png

I have to disagree. The all-black Senators look was totally bad-ass.

The barber pole look on the alternate looks kind of awkward, to me. It's just that there are only two stripes around the midsection of the jersey, and there are 4 on each sleeve. And because of all of those stripes, it appears top-heavy because there is no striping at the bottom of the jersey.

Good work on the home/roads, though.

Up next:

The Virginia Colonials.

During the 2010-11 season, the Florida Panthers suffer the worst season in franchise history, both on and off the ice. Finishing with 57 points and missing the playoffs for a 10th season in a row, the Panthers become the only team in NHL history to do so. The Panthers fan base dwindles and the team loses a massive amount of money. The owners have a deal in place with the city of Norfolk, Virginia- which, when coupled with Hampton Roads, Virginia Beach, Newport News and several other municipaltities, creates a metropolitan area of nearly 2 million, and quickly growing- to move the team there upon completely of a new 17,000 seat arena for the 2013-14 season. The area has supported the AHL's Admirals for a decade and has shown it's anticipation for the Panthers franchise ever since the initial rumors of the team's relocation.

For this one guys, I've only got home and away jerseys. I'm not a great logo designer, so if someone would like to take a shot at it, feel free.

VIRIGNIA1.png

Those are too plain. You need a logo on the front or atleast shoulder logos. Or mix a logo into the words, like Anaheim and Dallas do.

Up next:

The Virginia Colonials.

VIRIGNIA1.png

A noble idea but in all honesty, I don't like the name for some reason. It would have been funny if you used the Rhinos name that was being thrown around back during the 2000 expansion.

baltimoreravens.png

Boston Bruins

In 2010-11, the Bruins reach the Eastern Conference Finals, losing in 6 games to the Washington Capitals. Loaded with a nice balance of young talent and veterans, alongside 2 time Vezina winner Tuuka Rask (2010-11 and 2012-13), the Bruins become an Eastern Conference force for the next 4 seasons. They would lose in the 2nd round in 2011-12, but once again reach the East Finals in 2012-13, losing to defending and eventual Cup champ Washington in 7 games. In 2013-14, the Bruins would once again lose in the 2nd round, but show many signs of a Cup Champ under new Captain Tyler Seguin.

2010-11: 1st Northeast, 3rd Eastern, 101 pts- lost in ECF in 6 games to WSH

2011-12: 2nd Northeast, 5th Eastern, 98 pts- lost in 2nd round in 6 games to PIT

2012-13: 1st Northeast, 2nd Eastern, 106 pts- lost in ECF in 7 games to WSH

2013-14: 3rd Northeast, 6th Eastern, 98 pts- lost in 2nd round in 6 games to TB

As far as unis, not much is needed. I switched back to the Orr era, which IMO were hands-down the best. I also made a brown alternate, with the new Bear logo in use.

boston.png

sig.png

Archived